Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sorry for the silence!

Apologies, amigos! Sorry for being so silent. No particular reason, just didn't have much to say.

I actually don't have a lot to talk about right now either, but I figured I needed to put something in here.

Work has been nothing short of awful lately. I won't go into why, just that it stresses me out. My personal life has been so-so. Not great. A couple things were getting me down, and then it just started a spiral into depression. Last weekend was tough. Not to worry, though, I'm going to see my therapist on Monday, we'll talk all about it. It's sometimes hard to describe, how that all feels. It begins with negative thoughts, and those negative thoughts breed more negative thoughts, and then no matter how hard I try I can't get positive again.

It really sucks.

I'm feeling better though, so don't sweat it. And there's good stuff in there too, so don't sweat that either. Like my horse class. I had my last one on Monday, and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed all of it. Nice instructor, nice classmates (all 2 of them), nice horses. I've decided to take the plunge and will begin lessons in the spring. It's extravagant, to be sure, but it's also my dream. If fulfilling my dream means cancelling my cable TV or athletic club membership (and you can probably figure out which item will win THAT cage match), so be it. I don't really care. I want to learn to ride and I'm going to do it.

I have done a lot of work and research, and I am comfortable in saying that the people who own the stables and run the barn are really, really good. Everything about what they do is above board. They live on the property, steps from the horses. They have a viewing area where you can watch the lessons. Their horses are incredibly well cared for, and seem quite content and happy. They practice natural horsemanship. And one of their instructors sort of specializes in people like me. Women of a certain age who are fulfilling their desire to work with horses. It's just the perfect place for me.

So that's good.

I'll be sure to let you know all about what I'm learning. I think the semester starts in April, so I have a month or so to get prepared. I would like to lose some more weight and have every intention on doing just that.

Speaking of which, the weight loss is good. The setback I had over the holidays is still affecting my total (just that it takes about 3 times as long to lose it as it did to gain it), but I've gotten back in the groove and have been consistently losing. I've got a big, big milestone coming up, so that's my next goal.

I'm going to sign off now. Just wanted to pop in and give you an update. I'll try and come up with something better next post.

Adios!

1 comment:

Mary said...

SO great to hear from you!! Great to hear you are doing so well with the weight business... I so envy you and yet I know what I'm doing is my own fault. But at the same time hooray for you!! How neat you are following your dream, horses are beautiful animals that's for sure. Hope things go well with your therapist, you are such a wonderful person. I think I can relate to what you are saying though, sometimes it's just the dumps and hard to pull back out of it. Sending you a big hug!!!!!;)