Saturday, May 16, 2009

One Hundred Pounds...

Alright amigos, you knew it was coming, you could sense the magic.

OK, in actuality seeing as I've already mentioned this to my reader and my other reader, it may not be news. And seeing as I called about 5 people and texted that many more, that may also make it not be news. But I don't know if I'll ever tire of actually saying it.

I've lost one hundred pounds. 100 pounds. 100 lbs. One hundred lbs.

I have lost one hundred pounds by following the Weight Watchers plan.

I honestly didn't think I would be this overwhelmed by it. I was at 96.8 last week, lost 3.2 this week (actually, it probably didn't work that way...I stayed the exact same the week before and sometimes I just think my body messes with me for kicks), and I was there.

There was all sorts of hoopla and such. I got a certificate of accomplishment (and if you think I'm not framing that sucker, well, you've got some nerve mister), a 100 pound charm for my keychain (it doesn't weigh 100 pounds, it just SAYS 100 pounds), a contraband WW "I Lost 100 Pounds" refrigerator magnet, and a sticker for my WW bookmark. The class applauded me, and asked me how I did it and I shared a bit of my story.

I'm not going to write much about it here, not right now. I just wanted to put it out there. I honestly wanted to roll all my windows down in my car and scream it to passersby. It's an amazing feeling.

Thanks for being with me for the ride. Which, I must say, has been awesome. I haven't settled on a final goal, and I'm not ready to do it yet. I'd say in order for me to be pretty comfy I'd like to lose maybe 60 more pounds.

60 pounds? I can do that.

4 comments:

Mary said...

You bet your sweet bippy you can do that!! Look what you've done!! That has to feel sooooo awesome! I believe in you more than words can say, you are one of the strongest, truthful, perservering weight losers I know! We all can have our days.... hey, how couldn't anyone?? I just can't even say enough.... I am so darn proud of you!! Wish I could give you one huge hug, so sending a big cyber hugs and even bigger CONGRATULATIONS!! Way to go my dear!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to hear you yelling out your window!!;)

Alabaster Mom said...

I'm so proud of you I might burst! Congratulations!

Suzy Korreck said...

You're awesome, Leslie! Congratulations on hitting such a fantastic milestone.

Susie said...

Good for you! That's a great accomplishment--the next 60 lbs will be a piece of cake--angel food cake that is! WW is the ONLY thing that really works!