Friday, June 12, 2009

She's back!

Oh, my amigos, I'm so sorry for my lengthy silence. I've been very occupied with various things. Yes, I know we're all busy, and I have a lot nerve using that as an excuse and I should be ashamed of myself for even saying it. But would you rather I post crappy things in multitude, as opposed to wonderful things occasionally? Well?

Of course, that makes it sound like this will be a wonderful post, and I can't promise that. Just let me say that I was away too long and I hope my reader has stuck around.

Right now I'm blogging at home. I woke up this morning like normal. Then things started to get a little ooky. When I realized that I was probably going to hurl, I sent an email to my boss and coworkers letting them know I'd be staying at home.

And what happened subsequently?

I didn't hurl. And now I'm sort of pissed because I used up a sick day. I never call in sick. I had a streak of 6 years with no sick days, then a subsequent streak of 5 years. I was knocked flat by a stomach virus in October, so that blew (literally) 2008. And now, I've blown 2009. I know that's kind of silly. But here I was today, sort of feeling icky, but probably workable. I guess I just didn't want to go to work worried that I was going to blow chunks. Better safe than sorry. But I am disappointed in myself.

There's been a lot of things going down, but I don't really know what I want to blog about today.

I did have sort of a stalled moment in my weight loss. I finally decided that I needed to recommit. I just became complacent and wasn't seeing a lot of loss. I was seeing a small loss, small gain, small loss... And when I looked at the graph that WW has set up, it was so obvious that I was stalling. I expect some of that, but the thing with this was, I was stalling, and I know that I was slacking off.

Here's how I slacked off:

1. I didn't track my food.
2. I wasn't exercising as much as I should have.
3. I wasn't measuring.
4. I was 'treating' myself too often, and not being really serious about acknowledging that (see number 1)

Here's how I remained committed:

1. I still went to my meeting.

I still kept up with the one promise I made myself. I can keep one lousy promise. And as I said when I joined, the only thing I absolutely committed to do, the one thing I'd never give up on, is going to the meetings. And sure enough, I got my mojo back. Something so funny, at our meeting two weeks ago, the topic was motivation. And I attended that meeting with a coworker who was in the same boat I was, and we sat next to my WW buddy who was in the same boat as us. When the meeting was over we just looked at each other and we all agreed it was fate. We were all touched by the topic and we were all willing to recommit. It was really awesome.

So, I recommitted, and the next week (last week) I lost .8 lbs. Then, this week, when I really hunkered down and applied myself, I lost 3 pounds. Wow!!!! So, amigos, I've lost 103 pounds! I'm firmly ensconced in the 100s now. Now I can make myself a new promise, so I'll have 2 promises that I will always keep.

I will always go to my meetings, and I will not let myself drift back below the 100s. Even if I didn't lose another pound after today (God forbid!), I would be happy because I am in such a better place that it hardly feels real.

Sort of makes sense, though, doesn't it? Even though I didn't plan it that way. I have one promise that got me to lose 100 pounds, and a second that will keep me there. Now I need to start focusing on a goal. THE goal. Not quite ready to commit to that, mostly because I haven't decided what it's going to be!!! I do know one thing. I know I'm going to get there.

No comments: