Friday, November 6, 2009

Starting at pound zero

Greetings Amigos,

SUCCESS in my weight loss! As you know, I've set the counter back to zero after hitting a significant milestone that I won't mention because I don't want to jinx myself.

So, as of yesterday, I've lost a pound! Down one pound, and I'm not sure how many to go. Really, I need to talk to my doctor about that. I don't believe what the government tells me is a healthy weight for me. I'm 5'5", but I have size 9 feet, so I'd say I qualify as a 'big boned' girl, and I'm sorry but that buys a person a little extra wiggle room.

I'm feeling wonderful about things today. There are a bunch of us doing WW here at work (6 or 7 at least) and most of us happened to be in the same place for a while this morning, and we shared success stories, experiences, had some laughs, gave out some hugs. These are women (and one man) whom I've worked with for at the least 15 years, so we're buddies from way back, and now we find ourselves serving each other as mentors, coaches, sympathetic ears. They're an amazing group of people, and I'm so very lucky to have them.

I've had a few things on my mind lately, but I haven't felt particularly confessional. But I think you all are due for another peek at my innards. So I'll get working on that.

For now, the journey begins anew! :)

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hooray for you and love your enthusiasm!! Wishing you the best from pound zero and ahead!!;) By the way... when I went to my rheumatologist who is also a nutristionist I was surprised that she said my goal weight should be 150. I also am a bit big bones but in reality it's maybe where I could stay comfortably and would still look and feel a bit better. I really thought about it and it just is more realistic but I do need to work on that too.;0