Monday, August 13, 2007

Hola Amigos,

I'd explain my salutation, but anyone who reads the Onion will know the reference, and if you don't read the onion I highly doubt you'd be looking at my blog because essentially everyone I know reads the onion.

It was a busy, grueling weekend and I'm not being the least fascetious. I'm actually more relaxed being here at work than I was for even 5 minutes at any time this weekend. It was nonstop. But I'm not complaining, no sir. It's too nice a day to complain about anything frankly. It's gorgeous outside and I'm alive and well. That's enough to make for a great day in my book.

Frankly I don't even want to write about my weekend because it makes me tired, so I won't say anything else about it.

So, the news around here is that Air Tran has withdrawn its bid to buy Midwest. I'm glad. It's not the ideal ending (it's going to be bought partially by Northworst, or at least that's how I interpreted the news) but it's an ending, and I think no matter what keeping Air Tran at bay is a good thing. I was reading some comments on the MJS website and one guy likened Air Tran to a seedy used car salesman barging into the head office of general motors and trying to throw his weight around. That just seemed funny.

I spent my day yesterday at the Washington Bark event at Washington Park. It was a lot of fun except since I was an exhibitor I didn't have Stella with me.

You know, I love my dog. It's almost kind of scary. I mean, I know in my heart of hearts (barring an illness or accident) that I'm going to outlive her. I don't think of that often, but it crosses my mind and it scares me terribly. She's just such a good dog, she's perfect. And she was abandoned. Why? I'd give just about anything to have 5 minutes with her where she could talk and tell me everything about her.

In the end, though, whoever lost her or dumped her did me a favor because I ended up with the best dog I could ever have. How I wish she could be with me for good!

I'm timing the start of this blog with the start of my fitness plan with Wisconsin Athletic Club (http://www.thewac.com/). Not purposefully, it just happened that way. But maybe it'll be one of those things where like a year from now I'll be the incredible shrinking woman. I wish they had a doggie day care attached to the club, because i feel badly leaving Stella. I'm gone all day, and then I leave her at night too, and that gets me. She's a real trooper and seems to be OK with it, but it bugs me nonetheless.

OK, too many words. I'm off like a prom dress.

No comments: