Monday, August 20, 2007

Thoughts on the flash mob and stuff

Mink, the band who played along with Satellite Party at Beans last week, has posted a great video of their visit to Milwaukee. You should check it out: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=70453969&blogID=300352047. I'm not in it but you can tell a bit about their sound, and also how much they liked the Pabst as a venue (no surprise!). I watched the video last week and realized that the babbling, incoherent drunk woman they chatted to briefly was actually a woman my brother dated years ago. I noticed her during the show standing by the stage and acting weird, but made no connection to her until I heard her talk on the video. My brother died in 1994, but she's still out and about causing trouble. She's obviously taken a turn for the worse over the years. When I knew her she was able to hold a conversation. It makes me wonder where my brother would be if he were here today. He was absolutely out of control when he died.

The band is calling the show a "flash mob" which just tickles me to no end. I'd heard about them when they first started happening in New York, but have never been a part of one. Here's a good explanation from wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_mob So, yeah, I'm still talking about this thing that happened last week. I can't help it. Perry Farrell, man! What can I say?

I picked up 2 cds this weekend. These are both things that I owned on cassette years ago, but never replaced until Saturday. I got Burnin' by Bob Marley and Peter Gabriel 3 (the melty faced one, it's the one that Games Without Frontiers is on). I'm so happy I got them. I didn't realize how much I missed listening to them.

I got to the gym this weekend, and did numerous other things, so much so that I'm taking tomorrow off to get my act together at home.

No comments: