Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Under the freakin' weather

That last update was completed shortly before all hell broke loose within my body. I caught some sort of horrible virus that hit me on Monday. I suffered through a mid-morning meeting, then ran back to my desk, fired off an email to my boss that I was going home, made it home and spent the rest of the day doing things which are far too gross to mention here, me being the delicate flower that I am. I even developed a 101 fever, which is incredibly high for me, seeing as I hover below 98.6 regularly.

So, I was off Monday afternoon, and yesterday. I set my alarm to go in to work today, but when I actually tried to get up and get ready I knew it was a bad idea. I would have turned green by 10:00.

I only ate a bowl of oatmeal on Monday (which even then I just rented), and nothing else. Then yesterday I had a couple bomb pops, some soda crackers, a can of soup and some sugar wafers and diet 7 up, in an effort to eat blandly.

Today I had eggs for breakfast. So far my body has given them the go ahead, but I don't trust it any further than I can throw it, so I'm waiting to see if there's a revolution imminent.

You'll be the first to know.

I really wish I knew how I picked this up, so that I could avoid whatever the culprit was for the rest of my life. You never really do find out though, do you. I don't know anyone who's been sick with this. I did read that there was an outbreak at Selery Hall in Madison, but seeing as I haven't been to Madison in about 15 years, it's pretty unlikely. I'll probably never know. That's the scary thing. This virus could be around any corner now...waiting...

I have no idea what this will mean for my weigh in tomorrow. Will I have lost weight? Or will my body be hanging onto every bite that I eat for sustenance? No idea.

Well, I'm off. Just had to give you the latest.

Oh, my friend who received the email I told you about wants to talk to me. Not quite sure how I feel about that. But my feeling remains the same. I'll not sit idly by waiting for him to find someone better. He doesn't need me to do that.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hope you is well over that bug dear!! If it's anything like I had a while back I thought I might die, it was the worst thing ever!! Take care!!!!