Friday, March 13, 2009

Little Oaties

Remember how in my last post I said I ate to beat the band? Well, it showed in my weigh in last night. Not horribly (1.6 lbs) and I wasn't surprised nor was I disappointed. Just life, I said.

So how did I spend my evening after my meeting? I took my requisite walk around the mall (2 rounds), and went to Outpost to buy some snacks because I was hungry and Outpost being a natural foods cooperative I can't really do too much damage. Right?

Uhhh, no, that'd be wrong. Really really wrong. I bought 2 large chocolate chip cookies, a krispy type bar, a decadent brownie (which is the official name of said brownie, but it's the perfect descriptor), some falafel and a cookie they call 'little oatie' which is the organic equivalent of a Little Debbie oatmeal cream cookie (it's to DIE for). Ostensibly I had it in my head that I wouldn't eat all that last night, but...

I think you know the end of that chapter.

I think, sadly, I need to stay away from Outpost. I don't like the prospect because it's a locally owned cooperative (I'm a bona fide fully vested owner of this particular co-op), it's great, the food is incredible, and it's near by. I do know I can't give it up completely, or not until I can find Annie's Naturals Buttermilk Salad Dressing in some other location.

But, as my WW buddy Alabaster Mom so aptly said, Outpost is a trigger.

I never wanted to admit Oupost was a trigger. But I can't bury my head in the sand any longer. It's a trigger. I just need to be strong, walk into Outpost with a list (upon which I have not written "little oaties" of course).

Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies by any other name are still Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies, after all.

No comments: