Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vacation, all I ever wanted.

Hey Amigos,

I had a few minutes so I figured I'd rap with you all. Or at you all.

My vacation by the way, was fabulous. I'll tell you about it now before I start forgetting.

My mom and sis picked me up at the butt-crack of dawn for a 5:30 am flight. The usual airport rigamarole ensued. The nice thing about a flight that early is that we got into Charleston early, so we had a lot of time to wander, even before checking in. We had brunch, I had a Bloody Mary, southern style (it had a piece of pickled okra in it), we wandered around. Then we went to where we were staying, a vacation rental condo sort of thing. I walked in, changed into my suit and went to the pool. I didn't even sit down. We were a short walk to the beach, our room had a beach view, and the pool was SO close. It was hot of course, Charleston is HOT HOT HOT. But there's a constant ocean breeze and it was just lovely.

That practically sums up my vacation. I spent more time on the beach than at the pool, but I pretty much just hung out. I was so happy that my mom and sis were up for that, and weren't up for more sightseeing. We'd been there before so we didn't feel compelled to visit anywhere in particular. We went out to eat, laid around on the beach, played Scrabble. I got a sunburn, swam with some dolphins (and also saw a bunch of them while having dinner one evening). We shopped historic Charleston. We went to the Moon Pie shop (which was my undoing...but it was worth it). All and all I had a fantastic time and can't wait to go back.

I managed to have a modest gain that week, about 1.5 pounds. I was completely OK with that. I went down there with grandiose visions of losing weight, of making great choices all the time. But, I knew as soon as I had that first glass of sweet tea and they set down that first basket of biscuits (or hush puppies...) I was just going to do what I want. And I did. But I didn't have any regrets, and I went right back to my regular eating when I got back (practically the first thing I did upon my return was go grocery shopping).

Truly a wonderful vacation. Do you realize that's the first vacation I've had since January of last year? I've taken days off here and there, but it's my first bona fide vacation in a year and a half. I doubt I'll ever put vacation off for that long ever again!

My WW plan has been going pretty well. Not perfect. I'm definitely in a bit of a lull. Still lost more than 100 pounds, so I've got that going for me. But I seem to be toying with the same 5. But, I had a loss last week, and hope to have one this week. And if not, I will next week!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh it was great to hear you had a great vacation!! That's my kind of vacation, takin' it easy, a little shopping, eating of course;) but overall just taking it easy and hanging out on the beach. Not that I'm your keeper or anything but I do think it's OK to splurge a bit while on vacation, hey, it's not real life anyway!;)