Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Care to join me?

Well amigos, here's where it's at. Something significant happened at my last weigh in. I hit a number that wouldn't mean much to your average joe, and actually it wasn't a particular goal in mind. But, what that weight is, is 100 pounds heavier than I should be. So, as of my last weigh in, I have 100 pounds to reach my goal.

I'm not going to divulge what that weight is, or what I weigh now, or the exact amount I've lost so far. I'm not ready to do that just yet. Some of the folks who do weight watchers are so brave and they put it all out there, stats, numbers, pictures. I just can't, I'm so mortified with where I started. Maybe some day, when I'm comfortable and several years have passed and some people I know have died maybe I'll be ready.

So, another leg of my journey begins. I'm on a quest to lose 100 pounds. The weirdest thing is that it doesn't sound like that much weight to me. I realize that it is, I realize I have a long, hard battle ahead of me. But I think I've got the skills.

Will said skills pay the bills? I think so.

So, here goes.

On another note, I made something so good yesterday I thought I'd plotz. It wasn't the easiest thing to prepare. It involves a butternut squash and I coulnd't find my vegetable peeler anywhere so I sort of hacked the skin off. And they're tough buggers so cutting it wasn't that great. See, I like cooking, but I HATE prep work like chopping vegetables. But what you do is peel, halve and remove the seeds of the squash. Then you cut it into french fry-like strips. Spray a cookie sheet liberally with Pam, put the fries on the cookie sheet, add a little salt, and pop in a preheated oven at 425. After 20 minutes you need to turn the little buggers so they bake evenly, then give it another 20 minutes.

C'est tout. That's all. They were...KILLER. Absolutely frickin' delicious. So delicious that in spite of the prep work involved I will probably make another batch today. I ate all of yesterday's batch because after the hack job I did I had considerably less squash than I started with. Maybe today my abilities will be better honed.

Anyway, just had to share. I've been promising recipes on here and have yet to deliver, so I figure this is a start. You should try it, they're SO good!

Well, I'm off to lose 100 pounds.

:)

1 comment:

Mary said...

I know you will succeed, I know it, I just know it, you are doing sooooo great! Your will amazes me young lady! Woot woot!!;) Hey, I love squash, hate prep work too, but that does sound pretty good and actually good for ya!! Thanks!!