Thursday, November 1, 2007

Up Too Late!

I dvr'd a movie the other night from the Sundance channel, it was called Mysterious Skin. I watched it yesterday when I got home from work. It was pretty interesting, well acted. There was an actor in it who for some reason reminded me of Heath Ledger. Well, then I started thinking about Heath Ledger, so I thought I'd watch Brokeback Mountain. It's incredibly sad, but so good, and I was really jonesing to see old Heath up there (hey, you're never too old for a little Hollywood crush). Then when that was over I figured I'd watch a little bit of my new dvd of Rushmore. So I put that in the dvd player and started it up. Well, it's almost impossible (for me, at least) to watch a little of Rushmore. I sat there and watched the entire thing.

So, I've been a complete zombie today. I stayed up WAY later than I should have. Couldn't help it. It's Rushmore, man!!

So I've just been a slug. I had a meeting this morning and have essentially been phoning it in since I got back from there. I'm looking forward to the clocks being set back this weekend, because then I'll be tired at 10:30, as opposed to 11:30, and I'll be less inclined to stay up until 12:30 (seeing as it will then be 11:30). I wonder if that's been my problem this whole time...

I haven't heard from J in several days. I wasn't contacting him myself, but he contacted me a few times, of course treating everything as normal, as if nothing transpired those few weeks ago. I wasn't rude but I wasn't my usual self either. So, now it's been several days and I'm hoping he just leaves me alone. Every day that passes I'm more resolved to just forget him.

These next few weeks are going to be surreal. I have to buy a new fridge and oven,
replace the floor in the bathroom and kitchen, get new carpet in the living room, get rid of the carpet in the bedroom and finish the hardwood underneath, buy
and install a new bathroom sink and vanity, change the locks and paint (not in that order). And, the person who wants to rent my place (I don't think I mentioned it, but I do have a prospective renter) wants to get in by November 19. That's an assload of stuff to do in a very short amount of time and I'm trying my darnedest to get everything on the calendar.

And you can't even say I procrastinated. The place was rented up until yesterday, so there wasn't a darned thing I could do but wait until everything was moved out. At least my new tenant wants to do the painting himself so that's a relief.

Not much to report really, just tired from my own personal movie marathon and anxious about getting things done on time. Wish me luck!

No comments: