Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I'm over it.

Hola Amigos,

Yeah, I'm over it. I can't describe quite how I feel right now, but I'm over my little thing from this morning.

It's embarrassment, really, that's all. I'm not mad, I'm just mortified. You see, I generally try and draw as little attention to myself as possible. If I could go unnoticed (especially while at work) I'm totally alright with that. So this just sort of crapped all over my day, you see. So anyway, so you know, I'm still embarrassed but I'm over it.

I'm actually off tomorrow, thankfully. See, if given my druthers, I'd have just left this morning and come back tomorrow (sans perfume) and pretended like today never happened. I'm really good at that. I find that many things are better treated that way. Like the one time (and I mean it was only one time) my friend John and I argued. It was a bad argument, and we both said things we regretted, and we were both wrong. So after a bit of cooling down, we just picked up where we left off with our normal lives. Nothing was said per se, but we both knew the score. I think we both knew that this wasn't important enough to discuss anymore, so we just let it go. And that was probably a good 18 years ago. I don't even remember what it was about.

That's how I operate. I let things go. Not after obsessing about them for a while of course, as is my nature; but then they're gone and they don't cloud my future. So when I come into work next it's not like I'll be thinking about it. I'm thinking about it because I'm here, that's all.

So, anyway, I'm fine. I washed off the perfume (thankfully we have enough privacy in some of our bathrooms for me to disrobe enough to do that), so all that remains is what's in the shirt I'm wearing and that's not so bad. My coworker has reentered the room and all seems normal.

Now I'm tired though. I want to go home.

No comments: