Thursday, December 20, 2007

staff photo

Oh lordy, we had a staff photo taken today. There were several people out, or not in yet and a couple folks who just didn't want their picture taken but most of us succumbed to that good old fashioned guilt trip and went to the reference area, oh, sorry, the "research and outreach area" and stood for the photo. I dread seeing it.

Someone made a large copy of the last one and it's been in our staff lounge for 3 years. Strangely, it's never been defaced... You'd think someone would have drawn a mustache on somebody or blacked out a few teeth. But no, there it sits in all its seriousness.

I was going to try and bow out of this one (I detest having my picture taken, plus I'm still resentful of the staff photo we had taken 3 years ago; I mean come ON, 2 staff photos in 3 years??? I could handle every 10 years, even every 5...) but when the voice came over the loudspeaker that we were to meet for the photo I just felt obligated to go.

The funny thing about the last one is that you can tell by the look on my face that I'm PISSED. Or anyone who knows me can. Sure, I'm smiling, but it's a very sarcastic, crooked, WTF are you looking at? kind of smile. Makes me laugh whenever I see it. And there were several other people who had the exact same smile (nobody I know wanted their pic taken!).

I did have fun with it though, and was able to do some photoshop type stuff. So then we had Barry Manilow, and Rod Stewart in the front row, and scattered throughout were Arnold Schwarzenegger, George w. bush, mick jagger, brian wilson, others. I'll try very hard to outdo myself.

I have no idea how this one will turn out. I don't think I'll look surly like last time, which is sort of too bad. At least I'm wearing a different shirt.

No comments: