Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's only Thursday?

Hey Amigos,

Sorry I've been silent. This week at work has been absolutely brutal. No down time whatsoever, until right this minute, and it's pretty tenuous at that.

I've been in one of those weird twilight zones where you think it's the next day. It will take a lot to convince me that tomorrow is Friday.

I've had a pretty good week. I did OK on Weight Watchers, I had a couple bad days and the rest were good days. And when I say bad days I don't mean I went completely off the program. I mostly mean I ate more than I should have. But all the food is stuff that I have and should be eating, I'm just eating too darned much of it. So, no Krispy Kreme runs, no Culver's drive through, no deli foods, no Sentry cut-out cookies, no bakery of any kind, no big greasy pizza. I'd say that's good considering my history.

I have guilt about it but not as much as if I'd eaten at Kopp's or something. I'm pretty sure you can't walk into a Kopp's without putting on 5 pounds.

I'm learning to cope with it all. Tonight's weigh in and I'm having some jitters.

See, the first month or two, I was essentially guaranteed I was going to lose weight because my eating habits beforehand were so poor. But now I'm sort of in the loop (2 months and 3 weeks of being in the program) and my bod's not freaking out the way it did in the beginning and is getting the hang of it, and I just know this fat's going to start hanging on for dear life.

So I'm a little jittery, but looking forward to the meeting. I'm not looking forward to the broads who blather through the whole thing so I'm hoping they won't be there (that tends to be there m.o.: a couple weeks present, a couple weeks absent).

Let's see, what else. Well, I'm definitely feeling this economic crunch, amigos. Thankfully my commute to work is just over 2 miles each way, so I'm not burning up too much gas to get here. But jeez, stuff is expensive. And I keep looking at what I'm spending my money on, and I there just isn't that much that I can cut. Part of that is that I'm spoiled, admittedly, but other things, well, I have to pay to be in Weight Watchers, you know? It's working, so it's important. And I want to keep going to the gym. I know that I'd live if I stopped getting cable, but...but...I just don't think I'm ready to pull the plug yet. I know it can be done, I've done it. I've only had cable for about 2 years now. Sometimes I think I should discontinue my land line, but I'm so unreliable with a cell phone that it's probably a bad idea.

I stopped spending money on clothes months ago. The last thing I bought were a couple shirts before my trip to NYC in January. I no longer spend a lot on food, I don't go out to eat much.

If only the dogs and cats would chip in. Even their food is getting expensive, and it was pretty expensive to begin with!!! So, I'll continue to figure out my budget and all that.

I'm really excited about a 3 day weekend. I haven't take a day off in forever either, so this will be a good thing. Of course, my eating is always better during the week, so this extra day on the weekend may cause me a little trouble. But, I shall try my best.

I'll report with the weigh in results soon.

No comments: