Friday, May 30, 2008

Elated!

Hey! I'm down another 4.2 pounds, for a grand total of 38.4! That's really close to 40, and I honestly couldn't care less that I didn't hit 40, it just feels so darned good.

My friend (another WW loser...he's lost 85 and counting) asked me this morning if I thought it was hard. Honestly, it's not. It's not exactly a snap. I still have cravings and moments of weakness. But compared to anything else I've ever done to lose weight, this is by far not only the easiest but the most successful weight loss program I've ever tried.

This morning I pulled out a pair of jeans I bought maybe 2 years ago. They're adorable, and they were very, very expensive (for jeans, IMHO). I ordered them online from Nordstroms, and they were quite extravagant. But I really wanted them and I was going to NYC so I figured I'd splurge. They didn't fit so I put them in a drawer. I don't have a problem returning stuff, so that's not why I kept them. I guess I just always thought that I would fit in them some day. They weren't THAT small.

I wear jeans to work a lot, and I was looking at what I had this morning, and everything fits me funny because of the weight I've lost. They're not quite too big, but they surely don't fit me right. So I thought, what the heck, lets drag out my cute fashion pants with the rhinestones (yup...they've got bling) and try them on. I held them up and said, out loud, "Well, this isn't going to work." But I pulled them on nonetheless. I thought they'd get tight around my calves. Nope. Just kept going. Then I figured they'd stop at my butt. Nope. Kept going. All the way up to my waist. Then I tried the zipper. I didn't have to lay down, or take a breath in, or yank really hard and worry about splitting the zipper. Nope, they just zipped up and I was on my way. I felt like a new woman!!!!

Now, let me get this out of the way, because when you're super big like me, well, the road is long. But honestly, I think I can do it now. I told myself this morning, "To reach my goal, I need to do this 5 more times." So, I've been in the program 3 months (almost to the day) and have lost 38.4 pounds. I just need to lose that amount maybe 4 or 5 more times. Considering how great this first 3 months has been, I can't help but be hopeful for my future success.

Blogging about it helps tremendously. And I just love sharing with you all. So, let me thank a few people.

First, I thank Alabaster mom, for giving me that first swift kick in the rear when I emailed her and told her that I was thinking about not going to that first meeting. She's my inspiration. A lifetime WW member who proves that it can work. Way to go woman! Thank you to, to Sassy Sadie's mom, for her kind words, inspiration, positive vibes, and laughs. Thanks to my pal Green Bay Vegan, who's been such a dear, so supportive (and who always makes me laugh), who herself is making a major change for the better by quitting smoking. She's got that demon off her back and nothing can stop her now! And thank you to Mary, my faithful blog reader, for her words of inspiration, constant support, and all around goodness. You're one of the nicest folks I know!!!

Heck, you're all great!

And a special shout out to my homies from one of the WW loser boards. Don't know if anyone from there has followed the link, but if you're here and reading...THANK YOU! Reading your stories, triumphs, struggles, all of it, helps me realize that I'm not alone, and that it CAN be done!

OK, I think that might be enough elation for now. I'm surprised I'm so jazzed, I didn't go to bed until after 1:00. I staffed an interesting event for the adoption center, ended up having some coffee, and then was given a caffeine shot, which I thought was just caffeine but ended up having alcohol (LOTS of it), so I was a bit wound. I should be tired today, but I think my recent successes are energizing me!

But, I need to get more work done, so I'll sign off here. More soon!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW EXCITED AND HAPPY I AM FOR YOU!!! I was checking because I knew you were going to post your loss soon and boy oh boy your post gave me the goosebumps because of your happiness and great success, and by great I mean GREAT!!! ;) Yes, I am your loyal reader but that's because I think YOU are one of the nicest people I know and I'm just soooooooooooo freakin' happy for you, you WILL make it girl!!;)

Sassy Sadie's Mom said...

Leslie - you are an inspiration for me! I am struggling on WW, and your blog inspires me to do better, everytime I read it. I am SO proud of you for doing this, and being honest and sharing your experience.

I can't wait to hang out and celebrate.