Monday, May 5, 2008

I've got a case of the Mondays

Hey Amigos,

Lordy I'm tired today. I did a lot this weekend and stayed up WAY too late last night. See, I got behind in some of my television viewing because I was glued to the set and watching (exclusively) the Channel 10 Great TV Auction. This is one of my favorite events of the year. The Great TV Auction and State Fair make living in Wisconsin worthwhile.

There are other reasons, but if I were pressed for two, those are the ones.

I always stay up too late on Sundays, postponing the inevitable I guess. So I'm bushed today. I was supposed to be superproductive because I don't have any students and therefore can concentrate on getting my work caught up, but I'm just too tired. My brain isn't function right. I even tried to do some medium difficulty sudoku, (which clears my head) but I've been struggling with them. They're not THAT difficult (I'm nowhere near graduating to a difficult sudoku, and I don't know if I'll ever be ready for evil), but darned if I can finish one today!

I had a bit of a rough weekend eating wise. I was hungry all the time. It was really annoying. Saturday I met friends at IHOP for breakfast. IHOP is not really the place to go when you're on Weight Watchers. I ordered the garden scramble (egg beaters with tomato, mushroom and onions and a short stack of pancakes), which I found out is worth something like 15 points. I input it honestly, but I wasn't happy. Then that night I was still hungry and just ate too much.

Then yesterday I was at the second day of an adoptathon at Petsmart and caved and bought a little bag of homemade sugar cookies. There were 3 cookies altogether, each made into the shape of a bone, and I ate them all. Then my mom, sister and I went out for sushi and...well...I can pack away a lot of sushi. A LOT of sushi. And miso soup, and edamame and seaweed salad. I went home and logged it all honestly, which was not easy to do, but no more denial for me, dammit, so I logged every bite. It wasn't pretty. Sushi is actually pretty forgiving points wise, but with the sugar cookies and then the bag of popcorn I had later and, well, I used a lot of points.

I was very active this weekend, so there is that. I went swimming on Saturday, and took the dogs for a vigorous walk yesterday. I live across the street from a 3 par golf course, it's a really nice little park. And if you go a certain way there's a path that runs right along the Honey Creek. It's funny because there's sort of this industrial area on the other side of the creek, so it's sort of a gritty, urban, rustic area. You'd have to walk there to see what I mean.

Anyway, I was happy and the dogs were happy and spent the rest of the night happily snoozing while I watched a double dose of Dexter and some stuff that I'd DVR'd.

Hey, I don't think I reported my weight loss last week. I'm up to (down to?) 29.8 pounds. As my leader Connie put it, I'm one potty break away from 30. So I broke the 28 milestone, and I'm very happy. I don't think I deserve to break 30 this week (I mean, I really did eat a lot), but I still hope I do.

No comments: