Thursday, January 10, 2008

New York, New York, it's a wonderful town!

And it is. I am here and I love this place. Love it. LOVE it. I love flying in, I love taking the bus, I love wandering the neighborhood.

I'm bummed because I have this bum leg, so I'm moving slowly, and you must believe me when I tell you that people in NYC do not move slowly. But it's OK. No biggie. Rick and Bill and I had lunch at Deluxe, one of my fave restaurants which just happens to be right down the street. There are like 4 restaurants within walking distance that rank among my favorites around. So yesterday was Deluxe, then I got delivery from Columbia Cottage for dinner (Chinese-I have been thinking about the Chinese eggplant with basil since I had it about 3 years ago and could hardly wait to get it, and it's just as delicious as I remember). Then this morning (or nearly afternoon, I slept until forever) I took the 1 block walk to Nussbaum and Wu's for a bagel, and then a black and white cookie for later. Then a delicious cup of coffee from Oren's (NYC based coffee roasters). I realize this is a lot about eating, but I've got sight seeing on the agenda later.

So I'm here today by myself, then Therese comes in tomorrow morning. I haven't planned much. Maybe Ellis Island tomorrow? the thing is they're doing track work on the subway so if we want to go downtown we can't take the train between 10:30 and 3:00, and the subway is the only way to get to where we need to pick up the ferry. Well, you can take a cab, but when you can take the subway for free, why would you spend the money on a cab????

So, I'm here, alive and well. I'm also dog sitting while I'm here for a completely spoiled and weird shih tzu. We get along fine, but he's a strange one. I suppose I'd be strange too if I were a dog raised in a place with no grass.

More later.

No comments: