Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Countdown

In about a month and a half I'll have been a member of Weight Watchers for a year. I am really hoping that I can consistently take off some weight between now and then.

Why, you ask? Because I want to be able to say "I lost X pounds in a year. How do you like THEM apples???" Maybe if I'm lucky it'll be a great number, AND it'll be even so I won't have to make the choice of rounding up, or down. That's a tough one, you see. My self-deprecation dictates that I'd round down and say I lost less than I did. But the sublimation-ist in me would round up and convince myself that's how much I lost.

We shall see. The upcoming date of that particular weigh in will be February 26. So tune in. Unless it's bad. Then don't. But of course, you won't know that unless you tune in...

It was such a nice meeting last week, I was SO happy to see my leader again. I never thought I'd get so attached to one leader over another, but once you've had a leader like C, well, you know how good a meeting can be. Of course that means she'll have to continue being my leader until one of us dies. But I'm OK with that.

She asked the group how many of us attended the meeting during the last 2 weeks. See, my meeting is Thursday nights, and the previous 2 Thursdays there were no meetings (Christmas day, and New Year's day). I didn't miss a meeting at all. I didn't just go one out of the two weeks. I attended meetings both weeks. Just on a different day.

So, anyway, she asked the group who among us attended meetings, and out of the entire class (and there were a lot of people there; you new year's resolutioners jammed the place; yeah, I'm talking about you! got a problem with that?) I and 2 or 3 other women raised our hands.

I was really shocked. Now I'm not saying anything about the people who didn't attend. I don't really care. I just thought that there would be more. And, I was proud of myself. I could have taken a pass. I could have found excuses and probably been OK with that. But I didn't. I got my butt up on 2 consecutive Saturday mornings and drove to my meeting. And I'm incredibly glad I did.

I realize writing this, that in my entire time with WW, I haven't missed a single meeting. I'm proud of myself for that, I really am. I showed myself I can do it. I showed the fat broad who sat down in that chair the first meeting, who was bigger than anyone else in the class (in case you're wondering I'm referring to myself), that I can do it.

Yesterday I went to see one of my doctors and gave him an update of what my life's been like, and I started getting really animated when I talked about how long I've been at it and how the changes I've made have become permanent. I think I may have freaked him out a little, but come on, that's a big deal!

Even if my weight loss is slowing down (it is; I'm going down, but not as rapidly, which is expected and just fine), I've kept it up for almost a year. I've committed myself to changing my eating habits, and it's worked!

I think I'm going to post some pictures. I'd say my blog is just a tad on the boring side and could use my bright smiling face and multiple chins to add a little character. I was afraid to do so before, but I'm less afraid now.

Hey, I saw they had Glamour Shots on sale at the mall the other day. There's a thought.

No comments: