Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend success

Hey Amigos,

I had me a good weekend! I decided that I'd cut loose a little too much the past month or so. What I mean by that is, I kind of took a free pass on weigh in day (Thursday) because, ya know, I've got a whole week before I get weighed in again. Well, that free pass would spill over into Friday. Then maybe even Saturday. And Sunday is usually dinner with one family member or another.

I never did anything truly heinous. But I did feel that I could operate a little fast and loose, seeing as there are a couple days where I can fly the straight and narrow and make up for any mistakes I've made.

Well, I started thinking about that. I mulled it over. I talked about it with my buddy Alabaster Mom (an in the flesh lifetime member...if you're trying to lose weight, befriend a lifetime member and get all the information out of them that you can! They're precious!!). I mulled some more. And I realized that I could indeed run a little fast and loose when there is a whole bunch of time between my weigh ins.

But I also realized that every time I did that, I would be taking that much longer to reach my goal. I'm not in a hurry, but it's just another form of sabotage that I can't fall prey to.

I think the more times I got away with it, the more I would think it was OK. And it's not OK. I'm not really applying what I'm learning if I'm still (allow me to use a 12 step term) losing my food 'sanity.' I'm not really getting a handle on my problem of overeating if I do that.

So I decided enough's enough. After my meeting on Thursday I went home and had a perfectly sane meal, and tracked every bite of it. And I did the same for the rest of the weekend. No more free passes for me, amigos.

I'm closing in on another milestone. I'll tell you all about it when I hit it. Give me a couple weeks.

What else is new. Well, what else is new that you may be interested in...

I've been doing some ebaying. That place is addictive. I haven't sold anything, just bidding. See, I'm a backpack purse girl. I've gotten so used to using a backpack purse that the over-the-shoulder kind don't work too well for me. Well, backpack purses are a bit hard to find these days. That is, until you hit ebay! So, I've been lucky and snagged a couple of very nice backpack bags. But now I can't stop looking. I don't NEED anything. But there's something about the whole auction process. Ebay is also a good place to find nickel free earrings. If you're looking for them. I have to wear nickel free jewelry. For years I struggled with my pierced ears. Even surgical steel made them puff up. But once I caught on to the nickel free business I can now wear earrings with no trouble at all.

I could always tell when earrings were going to bother me. I'd put them in and wait. I'd say maybe after an hour the itching would start. And then I wouldn't be able to wear earrings for a week while the puffiness went down. It wasn't pretty. I can't wear bracelets. And necklaces cause quite a scene. I do have one ring that I wear, but it's high quality gold; it probably has little to no nickel in it. A little back story on that ring. I've grown to like my birthstone, the peridot. I decided for my 40th birthday that it was high time I had at least one piece of good, quality jewelry. Up until then I had nothing but costume jewelry. So I went all out and bought a beautiful peridot and diamond ring. Since I've lost so much weight I have to wear it on my middle finger, and I'm not sure how much longer it's going to stay there. But a day doesn't go by that I don't wear that ring.

Hm. I wonder if I should celebrate my weight loss. When I reach my goal that is. Notice I said when. Hm. I'm going to think about that for a while.

Anyway, here's to a successful weekend. I am actually looking forward to this week's weigh in. I'm 1.8 lbs away from a significant milestone, and will then be only 10 lbs away from an even more significant milestone. Plus my 1 year anniversary of being on-program is coming up. Man, I've got a lot of reasons to celebrate!

Well, not just yet. But soon.

1 comment:

Mary said...

You sure hit the nail on the head when you said you were not living by what you were learning, that is how to eat right and by that eating right every day. I'm speaking from experience, I'm hoping you DON'T ever do what I did. I stayed at my goal for a couple years... I did the splurge thing occassionally and would try to make it up other days. It just doesn't help to do these things and one thing leads to another and oh my.... the weight piles back on slowly but surely. AUGH, so take it from one who knows!! I'm soooo very proud of you and how you are so realistic and honest with yourself. Your goals coming up are so exciting too!! HOORAY for you!!
Hey, I'm allergic to nickel too!! I can't wear a lot of jewlery, my ears use to kill when I'd wear earrings, I guess I was too cheap to buy the good ones back then!;) But things like my wedding ring and my mothers ring don't bother me but I don't dare buy a watch that doesn't have a fake leather band... I try to stay away from the real leather.;) Anywho... I know what you mean about E-bay being addicting too, years ago I surely was addicted to a similar site and bought lots of stuff I will tell ya!! Basically a lot of stuff was nice and good deals... some not so much. I think it was U-bid.com. addicting... yes. I think it's not around anymore though. So sorry, writing a book but always nice to read how you are doing!!;)