Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Funny People

I've been blessed with many very funny friends. I don't think I've ever gone a day without laughing in my life, no matter how bad a day it was. I was thinking just now about some of the very memorable, funny things people I know have said to me, and I decided to list some of them. Don't worry if you're a friend and I've left you off, these just happen to be things that sprung to mind, they're not like my top 5 or anything. But here are a few that I think will translate well in the blog environment.

Me to a coworker, Kevin: (After viewing a particularly gross set of pictures in a medical journal): Oh my gosh, the woman in this picture has no nose!
Kevin: So I guess she's not wearing glasses then.

Leslie (to 2 of her students, Matt and Nate, who happened to be brothers): Know what I want you guys to do today?
Matt: Fight to the death?

Leslie: Pat, I've got a question for you.
Pat: Computers. (You won't get this unless you're an SCTV fan, but if you get it, you know it's funny).

Here's my friend Dennis' rendition of I Walk the Line:

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep my pants up with a piece of twine
So if you're mine, just pull the twine

Here's something funny I said to my friend Tim. He's a very handsome dude, and I love him, and I used to tease him terribly (he's the kid brother I never had). We were at lunch once and he was talking about his upcoming haircut. At the time another very handsome man walked by (like drop dead) and I said to Tim: "Why don't you get your hair like that guy? Actually, why don't you get your face like that guy?" Hehe...

My sister's friend Jon at a Japanese restaurant:
"You're out of miso soup? Me so sad."

While at Great America my friends and I decided to eat at Aunt Martha's Boarding House. As we looked over the menu we were commenting on how costly it was, and that we think it's a front and actually a brothel, not a boarding house. My friend John then says "Yeah, and Aunt Martha's the cheapest thing on the menu."

On the same day my sister also made a hilarious comment about the juxtaposition of words at a food stand there, Natchez Nachos because New Orleans is known for its nachos.

Anyway, those are some funnies. Yes, there are many, many more, and many, many friends who rank right up there as the funniest people I know. I will jot more lines down as I think of them. The scenarios I just wrote up here all make me smile, even though some of them occurred years and years ago.

All these folks deserve props from me for being damned funny!!!

No comments: