Monday, October 8, 2007

Show tonight!

For some reason I haven't figured out, the links I have in here aren't working, so if you really want to follow these (you're not obligated) just cut and paste until I can figure it out. Spoon will definitely be worth the effort, the others are a crapshoot.

Yup, I'm going to the Pabst again tonight. I was just there to see Of Montreal on Thursday. Great show...one of the opening acts was hilarious, Grand Buffet, a very strange rap duo http://www.grandbuffet.com/. They were so funny and lively. They reminded me why I love watching live music so much, even if I don't know who the people are. These guys are out there doing their own gutsy thing and I just had to hand it to them.

Here's Of Montreal's site: http://www.ofmontreal.net/flashsite/index.html

And tonight, it's Spoon! They were on SNL this weekend. I don't watch that show, but I tuned in to see them. They were great!!! So if you watched SNL, that was Spoon you saw on there. I hope you stayed tuned.

I can hardly wait, this should be an awesome show. Go here to listen to some of their stuff and watch a video from Letterman. Do yourself a favor and listen to The Underdog on the little i-Pod thingy. That's the song on the video too.

http://www.pabsttheater.org/spoon.html

And here's their website: http://www.spoontheband.com/

So, yes, another show, and I can hardly wait. I swear, the Pabst has gone batty with the bands they're getting, they are booking incredible, cutting edge performers, and Milwaukee is so damn lucky (and judging from the crowd, they know it!). I bet tonight will be packed. Frankly the bands are lucky too, that theatre is gorgeous. So tonight I'll get there around 8:00, get me a hot cup of Alterra java and sit and listen to some righteous tunes.

I have to hand it to Therese, my good buddy, who accompanies me to all these shows and generally has no idea who we're going to see. She did give me carte blanche after The Decemberists show, and she's become a big fan of The Evens since we saw them at MSOE last year (and they kicked ass, BTW). http://www.dischord.com/band/evens

Therese is such a good sport, a much better sport than I am. I'm extremely fussy about shows and things and generally would rather stay home unless it's something I want to see, but she's just willing to take a chance and she'll just go and have a great time. I have to hand it to her.

I SO do not want to work today. I had a busy (but fun) weekend and I could use about 20,000 more days off.

Anyway, I'm off to finish the day here, and then off to the Pabst!

No comments: