Thursday, June 5, 2008

Down, but not what i'd hoped for...

I'm so bummed amigos. I had a loss this week, and I know I should celebrate it. But I didn't reach my 2 goals for the week, even though I did everything I said I was going to and I did it right.

I know I shouldn't be this upset, but I really am. At first I thought I'd be fine, but then, as I left my meeting, I started to get weepy. I'm not a blubbering mess, but I'm so disappointed. I went in thinking I for sure had blown right past my two goals. But to get on that scale and see that I hadn't done so was just a shock. And then, if you knew how close I was to a particular milestone goal (the one I'm keeping to myself), well...it was just a slap in the face not to see the number I was expecting.

Don't worry, I won't eat because of this. I'm just really really sad about it.

I know, I need to celebrate every loss. I need to tell myself all the things I tell others when they have a disappointment like this. And I'll get there, and I'll get over it. But right now, it just stinks.

It didn't help that the loudmouth triplets were there tonight, and, unfortunately, sitting directly in front of me. No matter what the meeting is supposed to be about, it ends up being about them. I'm just so tired of it. I would have loved to have a break from them today, of all days, when I was feeling so blue. And they kept pulling out the 'for those of you with children' and 'having children' does this and that...God, I can't even tell you what that does to me. That's a whole other blog in itself.

But, just to be official and all, I've now lost 39.2 pounds. So, yeah, that's good.

Don't worry, the pity party will be over before you know it.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh dear.... I can understand that you are sad you didn't meet exactly what you had thought, that part is understandable but still and I know you know this you have accomplished soooo much!! I mean, I remember weeks I would gain and I didn't think I would when I was serious about losing. I do think so much varies from week to week also, I was afraid to drink a glass of water before weigh in if I didn't have time to piddle it out!!;) At that I just want to congratulate you for your wonderful success so far! Don't a temporary let down get to you, smile, tomorrow is another day!!;)I am so jealous of you girl!!!!!