Friday, June 20, 2008

results

So, as of yesterday's weigh in I'm down 43.2 lbs! Wow! I'm very, very happy. I blew past 40 and I hit a personal milestone I'd set for myself, so all is well in my world.

Just had to come in and share with you!

I have no words of wisdom or stories or anything today. I have a lot on my mind, nothing bad, but just nothing interesting enough to share, really.

OH, except one thing. I heard back from Fugazi! Remember, a couple days ago (or was it last week?) I emailed them and told them about appearing in the June Milwaukee Magazine as one of the top 10 concerts in Milwaukee history? Well, GUY WROTE BACK! Guy is the guy in the orange shirt, if you look over to the right and up a bit). I was, and am, just thrilled. Such a nice thing to do, and such a nice guy. Thanked me for sending it and for the support even after all these years. I am touched. I hope to be able to actually send them a copy of the magazine, but as of yet I haven't been able to get a hold of a copy.

Isn't that crazy? I mean, you all know how I feel about Fugazi, and then to actually hear back, and have it be Guy on top of it? I was floating!

This is a long, long day. Unfortunately tomorrow is my 4 hour shift at the adoption center. I'd rather drink bleach. Not because of the pets of course, but because of the public! Blech!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I don't think I can tell you how happy I am for you!! You reaching a goal like that is so awesome and it just tickles me pink to see you do so!!;) Love ya girl!!
Also seeing I'm a rocker band nut I do think it's neat they responded. I think bands should be personal to their fan base.

Sassy Sadie's Mom said...

You are so awesome. I think I need to talk to you, I think we need to have an intervention for me - I SUCK!

I am proud of you!

Love ya - Becky