Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday, yeah

Hey Amigos,

And another too fast weekend is over. Do I say that every week?

Saturday I staffed the adoption center for 4 hours. It was extremely busy and I had tons of volunteers, but I have to tell you it was the longest 4 hours ever. Then I stayed after awaiting a delivery from Sears which never showed up. Oh, wait, I take that back. They showed up at 6:30 p.m., and called our director to yell at her that there was no one there. She politely reminded him that our delivery time (which was originally from noon to 2) was from 3 to 5, and that we (meaning me) had called to reschedule. So they were yelling at us for not being there, when they arrived an hour and a half late (with no call or any type of communication). It was great.

ANYway, it was quite a weekend.

Yesterday I did all sorts of junk around the house. Just piddly stuff but I managed to tidy everything up. Then I met Therese at the club and we went swimming. After about 20 minutes we were the only people in the entire pool area. So then we just started goofing around about how it was our pool (with a lap pool conveniently located right next door, because there are 2 pools there) and whirlpool, and it was generally quite fun. I got in a good workout too. Honestly, having that membership is worth it just for the fact that I can go swimmng whenever I want.

Then after that I ran home and heard from my mother so we went out to dinner. I had an interesting, if not very good, salad. It was some raspberry concoction. I'm not a huge raspberry fan (hate the seeds) but it was about all they had that was WW friendly. It also had mandarin oranges on it. Not a fan of those either. I'd say the best part of it was the hard roll that came with it. The raspberry dressing itself was sort of pinkish-brown and just as unappealing as I'm making it sound. The flavor was OK, but no fun to look at.

Honestly, sometimes it's tough going out to eat. I was at Champp's for a meeting last week (obviously not my idea) and everything there had meat. I ended up ordering a Cobb salad and had them hold the bacon and chicken and various other things. It was a substantial salad, and quite good but what killed me was I had planned this visit so carefully. I went to their website, took a look at their menu and had everything decided (aside: read the fine print; all the nutrition info for their salads are w/o dressing!!!!). I was going to order some southern salad number. So I get there, open the menu--completely different. I think I did alright, but when I got home I had to wrack my brain trying to remember everything on the dang salad!

I still have some of these residual bad habits that I'm working on. I did have another WW ice cream novelty debacle on Friday, where I polished off what I had in the house.

Undaunted I bought some more when I went to the grocery store last night. I did make a change though. I bought the one point fudge bars (as opposed to the 2 point cookies and cream bars) and I got a package of skinny cow mint ice cream sandwiches. I know, I had a run in with skinny cow a few weeks ago. But I bought the one that I'm least likely to binge on (for whatever reason I can seem to keep my mint consumption in check), and I'm going to see how it goes. I mean, I have to learn how to live in the real world. And honestly, into each life some frozen novelties must fall, so I'm conditioning myself to deal with it.

All in all I'm very happy with my progress amigos. There's just one thing, and it's a pretty big thing. That one thing is trying to keep myself from getting discouraged. I've got a long way to go (something to the tune of 140 lbs) and it's daunting. It's so daunting that I can't even let myself think about it.

You'd better strap in folks, it's going to be a very long ride.

1 comment:

Mary said...

But dear.... it may be somewhat of a ride but I swear you can do it! You have progressed so well and you are so realistic about it all! Not everyone is perfect about weight loss and I think we all can have some moments and such but boy oh man just think when you say oh, now I have this much then this much and whooooooooo baby you are there!! Did that make any sense?!!? You can tell I don't write well but hopefully you know what I mean! By the way did you ever try those Swiss Miss Fudge bars, I'm pretty sure they are about 100 calories and are very tasty! Not quite as costly as those WW goodies either but I do think some of those are pretty good too. That swimming sounds like fun by that way!!;)