Friday, September 5, 2008

More of the same

Hey Amigos,

My weigh in blew chunks yesterday. It could have been worse, of course, but it still blew. The scale didn't budge, exact same amount as my weigh in last week. I'm not disappointed or unhappy, and I'm OP today, so it's fine. It's such a weird thing though, to see NO activity whatsoever. But hey, I'll take it over a gain any day.

I've started and stopped this blog like 5 times already. Just can't seem to get my act together and I have too much knocking around in my head to make anything coherent. I guess I'm not quite sure what I feel like sharing today. Am I that boring?

I do have a little trepidation about having no loss this week. I did do some silly things, though nothing earth shattering. But I probably logged more exercise than I actually did and less food than I actually ate. You can get away with that here and there, but you can't make a habit out of it.

I've vowed to myself that I'll try harder this week. I have a milestone I'm trying to reach (I'm having deja vu...did I mention this last week?) and I really, really want to get there.

I went shopping yesterday, which completely tanked. First of all, what the hell is with shoes? There wasn't a single shoe at Boston Store or Macy's that I'd let anywhere near my size nines. And the clothes were just...nothing I'd ever put on.

I was all jazzed because there were final markdowns on stuff and I thought maybe, just maybe, I could snag a deal or two (I've been spectacularly lucky lately). But, it looks like both of those stores have been designated as the repository for whatever any of the other stores can't unload. Seriously. I was at Boston Store about a month ago and none of these clothes were there. I think this is their last stop before they die. Or maybe the staff is just trying to pull a fast one on us by unloading their own crappy stuff. Hard to say.

Clothes shopping has become somewhat more enjoyable. Not that things in women's plus sizes are incredibly fashionable, but to actually be able to take something off a rack and have it fit is something I haven't enjoyed in a long while. Things may have fit me, but when you can buy stuff you KNOW fits on online, it was a no brainer.

Well, I'm uninspired today so I'm signing off. Peace out.

No comments: