Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This and that

Hey Amigos,

First let me start off by saying that the post I did the other day, where I talked about my date that went all wrong, was not written strictly to be a bitch fest. Actually, I had a very practical reason for writing it. Usually when you see your friends (ones you talk to less frequently) they'll ask you how things are going. I've had several friends ask me "How are things with X?" since we started seeing each other. Well, I figured rather than having to explain the story numerous times (and admit it, if it happened to you I bet you'd want folks to know the details just for the amusement factor) I'd just blog about it, so that when friends asked I could just tell them to read it.

I have to say, it's worked quite well. Everyone who would want to know about the incident now knows, and I'm not hoarse from telling it over and over.

And, I'm certain that the man in question won't read the blog, so I'm not overly concerned about that. Besides, I was just relaying facts and how I felt about what happened. I don't think I went too overboard into bashing his character or anything.

Anyway, I felt the need to explain myself. And really, isn't that what a blog is all about?

Something strange has occurred, however. My friend unexpectedly emailed me yesterday. See, I figured since he didn't contact me over the weekend, that was sort of his way of saying we're finished. I was completely resigned to the fact that I wouldn't see him again, and it was OK. But then this email yesterday. He's actually taking the voter registration class with me. So, I figure we can do that and hopefully I'll have an opportunity to talk with him afterward.

I guess what I need to get out there is, if he wants to stay in touch with me, if he wants to continue seeing me, that's fine, but there are a few things I expect. As in, I don't want what happened this weekend to happen again. That seems reasonable, no?

On another note, my allergies are the worst that they've been I'd say in about 20 years. I'm absolutely miserable. Everything from my neck up itches. My eyes, back of my throat, inside of my ears, my scalp (???), my lips (yes, my lips itch). It's really, really bad. I woke up at about 3 this morning unable to breathe with a sore throat. I actually got up and gargled with salt water and took 3 advil hoping that it would alleviate my throat pain. The back of my throat is so irritated. My lips are chapped and my nose is in sorry, sorry shape. Currently I have one working nostril.

You'd think I'd be used to it. I've had fall allergies since I was a little kid. But, I'm sorry to say, I'm not used to it. It's like a cold that never gets better. I find myself praying for an early frost (sorry everyone...but it's the only thing that offers permanent relief). I went to see my allergiest last week, and he gave me some free stuff that has helped, but I think the allergens are winning.

Tomorrow I'm taking that class to be a voter registration deputy. I'm very excited about that. I just hope that it's something I can do appropriately. I mean, I don't want the election to come around and I screw things up and make national news because thousands of votes don't count because of something I did.

That is the sort of thing I worry about. I'd say my mantra most days is "Don't screw up...don't screw up...don't screw up..."

This weekend is the Boxer Bash. It is always a busy, very fun day. I think I'm actually heading up solo. That's about all on my agenda for the weekend, and I'm glad for that.

Signing off for now.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm glad writing made the explaining easier. I can see how it would, retelling something many times gets verrrry old! I can't wait to see you at the Bash, it's been too long!;)