Thursday, April 10, 2008

Another weigh in day...

So, here I am on another weigh in day. I did...OK this week. Not great. I can't say I didn't follow my program, and I didn't blow through all my weekly points. But I made some bad choices, admittedly. My brother turned 50 and for some reason I found it necessary to eat 2 pieces of his birthday cake. Part of the reason behind that is that my mother made the frosting herself, and better frosting you've never had. Rich and chocolate-y, and with that little extra something that says 'mom made this.' I also overindulged when I went out for Indian food. It's so hard not to! Everything is so flavorful and delicious, and the bread, well, an Indian meal isn't complete without the bread. So I have no clue what the scale will hold in store for me. Like I said, I didn't blow through all my points, and I'm pretty sure I recorded everything accurately. But I doubt there'll be a significant change between last week and this. That's OK. Really, it's fine. I can't expect to have stellar weight loss every week.

I find that I still have stumbling blocks, there are still foods that make me a little bonkers, and I still have trouble with portions. I also have probably been eating too many snacks. They're all weight watchers snacks, and they're all pretty good point wise, but honestly, I think I rely on them WAY too much.

But I've done lots right this week too, so I'm not discouraged or disappointed. This is the real world, and I'm learning how to live in it. I mean, it's not like my brothers are going to stop having birthdays, or that I'll never eat Indian food again.

I've made many really positive changes, things that are becoming habit. I have always been a big supporter of breakfast. But for the longest time I just wasn't giving myself enough time in the morning to eat it. So I've adjusted a few things and now I have a bowl of oatmeal every day, except when I go out to breakfast on Sundays. I've also been bringing my lunch every day. That's a really good idea, and a money saver, but again, I didn't plan my days or my shopping well enough to have lunch every day. So I've made a few minor changes there, and I've brought lunch with me to work every day since I started WW. I never had much trouble making sure I drank all my water. I try to remember to take my vitamins, but that's a bit harder for me to do. I just forget so often. But I do eat a lot of fruit and veg throughout the day, usually 4 servings, if not 5.

So yeah, I'm learning, I'm changing. This is the longest I've stuck with something in years and years and years. Probably at least 20 years. That in itself is encouraging.

I couldn't do it without you amigos. My friends, my champions. Honestly. I think that's the most important thing I've learned. That to be successful in this endeavor, I need support. It's too hard to do on my own, just too hard. So any success I have, I share with you.

1 comment:

Alabaster Mom said...

Hey, you're doing great! But, seriously, watch out for cake. It is high in points - 12 points for an eensy little piece. I almost cried the day I found out that little tidbit of information. Since then, I have been scared to death to eat it. I mean, the average cake doesn't seem THAT sinister! But, 'tis.