Friday, April 18, 2008

WW, my iPod, etc.

Hey Amigos,

Got weighed in yesterday. I'm down 2.2 pounds, so I've lost a total of 22.2 pounds. Something very numbery about that number. It wasn't the best of weeks for me. I just ate too much of stuff. I had these really good WW snacks and just od'd on them. But, I was also very active this week, which I believe would explain the increase in my hunger. So there you go.

Still feeling enthused about WW. Except there were a couple of folks who shared with the group yesterday who just bugged the hell out of me. For example, a woman offered that she loves biking because it makes her ass tight. Those were her exact words. "It makes my ass tight."

Now I'm no prude, but I do have self-respect enough not to talk about myself like that in a room full of strangers. Sorry, that just rubbed me the wrong way. And then she just kept going, continuing to talk about how she needs a new bike because she topped out on hers and blah blah blah. And I thought to myself, 'this woman has absolutely nothing to say that I want to hear.' Maybe I'm being harsh, but hey, that's a hell of a way to introduce yourself to a group who is trying desperately to lose weight.

See, my group is ostensibly designed for people who need to lose 100+ pounds. I'd say out of about 30 people, me and maybe 3 other people (on a good day) could stand to lose 100 pounds. I'm not saying that people who need to lose less have it easy. But there are some considerations that need to be made. We're in a different place. And if it's specifically for 100+, I guess I just wish there were more of 'my kind' there.

I still like the group leader and I like the program, and I have no intention of not going to meetings just because some windbag discusses her tight ass. But to my mind the only discussion of asses should have been the fact that she was chapping mine.

On another note, my iPod died recently, RIP. The battery went all haywire on me. It was the strangest thing. I'd power it up, then it would lose power, then it would have 1/2 the power, then all, then none, and so on and so on. The worst thing was when it would lose power altogether, because it would automatically and inexplicably reset the volume to maximum. See, it took awhile for that to sink in. This is a very quiet room, so I'd be minding my own business and then there'd be this short blast of music and I'd jump 6 feet in the air. Like they don't think I'm weird enough already.

So I brought it to the Apple store (conveniently located down the aisle from my WW meeting) and they gave me a new iPod. They don't do the replacing of batteries, but just take the old one and you get a new one. I'm sure they won't look at it, but I kind of wished I'd purged my music library. It's a bit odd and slightly embarrassing. I don't have Boxcar Willie on there or anything, but it is a little glimpse into myself that I'm not sure I want to share with just anyone!

1 comment:

Laura123 said...

Hey dude. i was reading your blog and i thought you might like to know that you can get an ipod battery kit from ipodjuice.com or other vendors on the internets. my apple store never gave me the option you got but i'm still glad i was able to change out my battery and keep the first ipod i got from my husband as a gift.
Thanks, love.
- laura