Monday, April 7, 2008

update

Hey Amigos,

I forgot to give an update on my WW meeting from Thursday. Well, I'm now down 19.8 pounds.

I'm very happy about it. There are some discouraging things that I really have to talk about. I won't let them defeat me, but I can't pretend they're not there either.

First, I have a long, long way to go. Second, while I realize 20 pounds is a lot of weight for anyone to lose, when you're as big as I am, well...it makes a difference, but it's not life changing. I mean, I know some people who need to lose 20 pounds and there they are.

Don't get me wrong. It's great and I'm happy. But I've got a very long road ahead of me.

I did pretty well over the weekend, but it could have been better. My brother turned 50 so we had a celebration, plus I went out to eat yesterday, Indian food. It's so hard for me to stop eating Indian food once I start! It's so delicous. And then there's the rice... But I did well. Instead of ordering pakoras I got a cup of lentil soup, which was new for me. And I didn't order my favorite bread, poori (the puffed up kind) but got a naan.

I'm still overindulging in bars and WW ice cream and such, but it's making the transition to proper eating easier, and I'm still within my points, so I'm not quite ready to change that.

And here I am back at work. It was a lovely weekend, and it looks like another lovely day today. OH, except now the dang brewers fans are around making my life miserable. My street becomes jam packed with cars on game days. And it's not because the parking lots are full. It's because people are cheap. And a lot of the bars and restaurants around here have shuttles to the games. You know, the legal length a car is supposed to be parked from a drivway is 4 feet. I'm lucky if they've left 4 inches. But what a treat it is to take the dogs for a walk and see all those orange tickets. :) What they saved in $7 worth of parking is going to cost them $30. I mean, yesterday there were cars parked and blocking a city bus stop. There are signs everywhere that tell you that you can't park there. But there they were, and I'm thinking, OK idiot, now the bus has to stop in the middle of the street to pick up passengers, just because you didn't feel like shelling out money to park.

Am I bitter? Sure!

2 comments:

Alabaster Mom said...

Congrats on your weight loss!

SBTVD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.