Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hola Amigos,

Sorry I've been a bit silent. I've been terribly busy at work and just not that much has been going on.

I had my first successful transaction on eBay recently. I lost an earring, not that I am that attached to things, but this was a very special earring and a gift from my mother that I'd had for years. So after much desperation and gnashing of teeth I thought I'd check eBay, and voila, there they were! I almost couldn't believe my luck.

So I started bidding and it actually got pretty high, much more than I'm sure they're worth. But I was dogged, I needed to replace these. So I went higher and ended up being the highest bid. So, when there's 18 minutes to closing, what happens? I find the earring I lost. I had thought I may have tossed it, and I happen to go through a bag of stuff just on the off-chance that it was in there. It was a million to one shot. St. Anthony comes through again.

So I tried in vain to opt out (that far into bidding and the only way to opt out is if the seller says you can). The thing is, I don't mind much having 2 pair of these earrings. They're nice and cute. But do I want to spend (and I'm too embarrassed to tell you what I'm spending on these) on them?

But, I went through with it, of course. I wasn't going to not honor my obligation as high bidder. Anyway, that's just typical of stuff that happens to me.

Something funny, I'm on a committee here (though I don't remember a). being nominated, b). accepting the nomination and c). being elected), and we're trying to set up a meeting. It's also evaluation time. So I have a meeting with my boss tomorrow morning at 10. The person setting up the committee meeting comes to see me and asks if I could meet tomorrow morning. I said no, I've already got a meeting in the morning. So, what does he say?

"Does 10:00 work for you?"

WHA? And I know he heard me, he joked about this meeting being more important than my evaluation meeting (which of course it isn't). So...wha???

My DVD player broke. I'm not surprised, it was the floor model and probably 7 years old, but I did think it had a little more life in it. I ended up getting this tiny, basic Philips DVD player from Target for dirt cheap, and it seems to do the trick. The first thing I watched on it was a few episodes of The Wire. So, I have to ask, what's the big deal? I didn't think the show was that great. I've only seen 2 episodes from the first season, but it really didn't grab me. It seemed a bit like how Law and Order would be if S. Epatha Merkeson and Sam Waterston dropped f-bombs every other word. I'm going to give it a shot though. I'm just so glad to have a working DVD player I'll watch just about anything.

So this is all pretty random. I'll close by letting you know that I'm going to my WW meeting tonight. I'm 2.8 lbs away from losing 25 lbs. I really hope I make it to that number tonight. It would feel significant. I had a couple moments this week where I ate a bit too much, but I believe I recorded everything honestly and I was still within a good range. That's what I love, they've built in a bit of binging somehow.

I saw my shrink on Monday and asked him what he thought my chances of succeeding in the prorgam were. He said "You're succeeding right now." :) I thought that was pretty sweet. I love my shrink. He reminds of the guy who played Jesus in Godspell.

OK, gotta run. Til next time.

1 comment:

Sassy Sadie's Mom said...

How did WW go? I am down 4.2 lbs total. Yeah!