Friday, April 11, 2008

Cake...

I wish I'd talked to my buddy Alabaster Mom prior to having that second piece of birthday cake. You were RIGHT, dead on right! (See comment to yesterday's post). I was down .2 lbs this week. It's still a loss, and I'm glad that I didn't go in the other direction, and now I can actually say that I've lost 20 lbs since I started WW, since that's what it brought me to. But do I think I would have had a better week if I hadn't had that run in with the cake? Oh, you bet your bippy I do.

I'm still happy, still enthused about the program, still enjoying my meetings, still plan on following the program. But I have no intention of having cake any time soon. Thankfully it shouldn't be hard to avoid. It's not a regular on any of my menus.

So, that was my weigh in this week. I told you amigos, we're in for a long, long journey, so get comfortable. :)

And stay away from cake if you can. It's evil. EVIL.

Not that you asked or are interested, but I feel like telling you I'm a person who can eat the same thing every day, and I pretty much do. Here's my daily menu, during the week (weekends are a bit more flexible).

Breakfast:

Quaker instant oatmeal, cinnamon-spice (this is DELICIOUS), w/ a splash of soy milk.
Coffee with a splash of soy creamer

Mid-morning:

Banana, sometimes eaten along with a Weight Watchers peanut butter bliss bar, or possibly a chocolate caramel bar. More than likely just eaten solo, though.

Lunch:

Broccoli slaw w/2 tbsp. light mayonnaise and 1/8 cup of sunflower seeds
Some sort of fruit, and possibly a WW bar of some kind

Mid-day:

Fruit of some kind (1 or 2 pieces) and maybe a WW bar

Dinner:

Spinach salad with 1/4 c. fat free cheese and 1/8 c. sunflower seeds, and 2 tbsp. of Annie's goddess dressing (it's not low fat or anything, but it's SO good, I could drink it)
Usually some kind of soup, either home-made (like right now I'm working on a crock-pot full of vegetarian split pea soup) or a can of healthy choice (not nearly as good, and only if I'm in a hurry and don't have anything prepared).
If I'm still hungry I'll nuke a Morningstar farms veggie burger and have that on some whole wheat toast w/mustard.

Evening:

I usually can't make it through an evening without some sort of snackie. I've been having a WW cookies n cream bar, or something of the sort, or possibly 2 depending on how many points I have left.

And that's a typical day. That's essentially what I've been eating since I started.

Weekends I tend to eat a couple meals out. Also, I don't eat at the same times on weekends. Sometimes I'll have breakfast really late and just not have lunch at all, just because that's how my appetite works.

But the above eating is what's gotten me where I am, and I have no qualms in saying that, boring as it may seem, it's kept me completely satisfied.

I'll have to post some of my recipes. I love making stuff in my crock pot. I'm a total 'dump it all in' type of cook. I hate chopping and sauteeing and frying. If I see a crock pot recipe that requires anything other than the crock pot itself to make, I won't get near it.

So, yeah...this post kind of wandered off on me, didn't it...

I'll sign off here, before I completely jump the track!

1 comment:

Sassy Sadie's Mom said...

20 lbs is so great, now I need your support! Week 1 weigh in exactly the same. No loss no gain. So depressing.... But I am SO happy, 20 lbs is nothing to shake a atick at! :) You rock!