Saturday, April 5, 2008

Beautiful day!

What a beautiful, beautiful day. I've done a few things already and feeling smug and full of accomplishment. It's amazing what little things can bring me such joy.

Nothing too exciting, actually, but fun stuff for me. First I went to the bank, and then I went to the monthly plant sale at Interiorscapes. It was the usual madness, but honestly you can't find better prices on plants. I used to have black fingers, but somewhere along the line they've turned green and I can't get enough plants into my home. I have one that is clear to the ceiling. I think I must have close to 30 houseplants, even though I live in a very small space. But they add such life and spirit. Yeah, you probably guessed that I'm one of those people who talk to their plants. If I think one is having a hard time I'll give them a pep talk (which has worked on everything except ivy...I always kill ivy). I give my palm plant a shower every couple weeks. I apologized to my ficus when I plucked a branch and it emitted sap (or ficus milk, or whatever). I felt like I hurt it. I try very hard not to upset my ficus. Don't tell him I said this but they're very fussy and temperamental and prone to losing leaves and dying easily, so I feel honored that he's chosen to do so well in my care. So, I guess I'm crazy.

Then I went to Stein's to get a new birdfeeder. The one I have has no more perches left and I feel bad just watching the little buggers struggle to stay on.

Then I went and spent some time with my mom, who lives by Stein's. We had a nice chat, but her cat (whom I love) didn't find it necessary to visit me so that was a bummer.

Then I got home and leashed up the dogs and took them for a nice walk to the mailbox. It's the first decent walk we've had since a). I unjured myself and b). we've been covered under a blanket of snow and ice. It did all three of us good. And nobody had any meltdowns until a kid down the block from me came out rollerblading with her unleashed puggle. But, all in all a good time.

Now I've got work to do around here. How nice to be able to open my windows and let some of that fresh spring air in. I think I'll go out and have a nice chat with the lawn.

No comments: