Thursday, April 3, 2008

Long week

Hola Amigos,

I'm back after a rough couple days. Just something that happened at work, but it was bad enough to keep me down. I'm coming out of it now.

So, let's see. Well, Tuesday didn't turn out quite like I'd hoped. Scott Walker is still, unfortunately, Milwaukee County Executive.

Oh, I'm not even going to discuss it, it just makes me too damned mad.

I put an Obama sticker on my car yesterday. I'm counting the days until some uber Republican rips it off, just like they ripped off my John Kerry bumper sticker. The best thing was that I had a virtual stash of them, so as quick as they tore it off I had an identical one to put in its place.

I've got a pile of Obama stickers just waiting...

Oh, and I was in the drive through at Culver's once (pre-WW of course) where some nice gentleman yelled "Feingold sucks!!!" to me. It took me a minute and I remembered that I had a Feingold sticker on my car. Feingold sucks? FEINGOLD sucks??? Who is this guy, this idiot, to say Feingold sucks? As if he's done anyting worthwhile with his life other than harass women alone in their cars who happen to have political bumper stickers.

What kind of moron would yell that to a complete stranger??? I wish I'd had my wits about me. As it was, I didn't have a snappy comeback. But my friend Tony gave me a great idea, on the off chance that someone else ever yells at me in a drive through. He said I should have just turned my car off and sat there. Shoot, what are they going to do? If they had the guts to talk to me (people are always willing to act like assholes in the safety of their own car, but it's a whole other story when they're with you face to face) I'd just tell them "It's the weirdest thing. My car stalled. It won't budge." You know, I'd have done it too. Seriously. That's something I could have handled. Even if it meant missing out on the concrete chocolate malt I was getting.

No comments: