Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Did I...?

Did you ever have one of those days where you just feel off? Not sick. Just that something's not quite right. That's how I feel today.

First off, my hair is off doing its own thing today. It doesn't feel right. Like I can feel it just sitting on my head looking stupid. And I'm thinking to myself, did I forget to wash my hair? And then I thought, did I forget to shower? But I thought some more, really hard, and of COURSE I washed my hair, and I remembered to shower (why else did I blowdry my hair this morning) and my routine wasn't terribly different than any other day.

Then there's my face. My face feels icky. My face feels like I didn't wash it. But I did. It feels greasy and gross (but it's not, I've checked).

Even the top I'm wearing is oppressive today. I wear this thing a lot, it's a nice Eddie Bauer fleece turtleneck. Normal, never bothered me before. But today it's my enemy, attacking me. I can't breathe in it. I itch everywhere. I can feel that I'm wearing it. You're not supposed to FEEL your damn clothes closing in on you, you know? Like there's tiny hairs sticking me all over. This fricking thing might as well be worsted wool for God's sake, or burlap even.

Oh, and the turtleneck part...I can't get it any further away from me then I have it than cutting the damn collar off, and I can STILL feel it just bearing down on me...

This is one of those days that I'll just put sweatpants on soon as I get home and just enjoy being comfortable.

You know, I LOOK comfortable. You'd never know. And maybe even my hair doesn't look stupid to someone else. But if you only knew the struggle I have just keeping my clothes on today!!!!

No comments: