Friday, February 1, 2008

This and that

Well amigos, I'd say the new litterboxes were somewhat successful at keeping my dogs from eating cat poop. They did get in there, it appears that they'll take the nearest turd, but if it's toward the back of the box they'll leave it. I have to enjoy these small victories. I added the flaps today. Somehow I think that won't phase the dogs one bit if they know there's a turd in there.

My doctor wants to try a cortisone shot, so I'll be going to see him this afternoon. We're keeping the surgery on the schedule in case it doesn't work.

I had a work-up while at the doctor the other day, and all things considered I'm pretty darned healthy. I have to say my body fights hard to deal with all the crap I give it, and I really should treat it with some respect. I don't know, I sort of lost my good eating mojo these last few months. The bit with Jeff in October, then this injury, then the holidays, then vacation. I know, I could make excuses for all eternity. I just need to get a handle on things, because I know my body can't hold out forever.

Not much else to report. It's snowing like a bugger. My tenant, who is a landscaper in the summer and who removes snow in the winter left again before clearing anything out. He is getting paid for this by me, through a consideration in his rent. But I'm pretty sure I'm getting a half-assed version of what he does for his other customers. I've had to open up my own driveway numerous times, for some reason he doesn't shovel the walk up to my front door, and he never shovels my steps or stoop (that's pretty minor, but jeez, you're already out there). Oh, and he does that thing I just hate where you shovel the walk but only the width of the shovel. You know, up one way and that's it, as opposed to up one way and down the other. I mean, come on, you made the first sweep...just do it once more going the other way.

Don't worry amigos, I will say something to him. I'm not afraid of that. It just ticks me a bit because it's something we've had to discuss before. Gets tiresome, you know?

You know what's a good movie? American History X, that's a good movie. I'm tired today because I stayed up last night watching it. Did I mention I went to see There Will Be Blood? Well, I did, and as far as I'm concerned the rest of the oscar nominated actors should just stay home oscar night because DDL has it all sewed up. He was brilliant! I do like that PT Anderson too. The only movie of his I haven't seen is Punch Drunk Love. I'm sorry, I just have a thing with Adam Sandler...don't like him. Not one bit.

No comments: