Friday, August 15, 2008

By popular demand (of no one)...

Yeah, I'm posting again today. So?

I'm sure you noticed I changed things up here a bit. I just felt the need to try something new and I was getting sick of looking at the colors I'd been using.

Actually it started because Alabaster Mom sent me a link to a website called CakeWrecks and I HAD to include it in my 'good links' section. And once I start messing around in there I just keep going to see what else I can monkey with and improve/make worse/annoy my reader(s).

I've included a picture of myself somewhere over there on the right. I was at an event for the adoption center and there were scantily clad women handing out what they called 'caffeinated shots.' Being the innocent that I am, I didn't think they were alcoholic, I just figured they were shots of caffeine. Alas, they were indeed alcoholic, and not too good either, and my drinking days are long over, so it wasn't particularly enjoyable. The least enjoyable was the picture. I look like I just consumed an entire pie. I do NOT like how I turn out on photos, and this one in particular just bugged the bejesus out of me.

But, I figured, I owe it to my reader to post a picture. See the sacrifices I make for blogdom?

This picture is from June I believe, early June or late May, so I've dropped some weight since then. Of course, unless every ounce has been lost only from my face, I probably don't look a whole lot different.

I'm going to try and post weight loss progress pics. That seems to be something that my WW boardies do, and it's so inspirational, and I should just swallow my pride and do it. Baby steps. It's all about baby steps.

Gearing up for the weekend. I'm off like a prom dress. Peace out amigos.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Whoa!! I'm likin' this new blog girl, wakes me up a bit!! Like the colors, so perty! Glad you survived your shot!;) If someone did that to me I'd probably keel right over?? (Is keel a word and did I spell it wrong??) I mean umm you should know. I did use to win the spelling bees as a kid but that's as far as it goes and if I screwed it up on your blog my apologies although I'm sure I do it all the time! About your picture, I honestly and I do mean it think it's a nice pic of you. Makes me miss ya more! I am one who seriously hates my pic taken too, not just because of the weight but everytime I look at them after someone takes one I just cringe! I just can't take a decent pic so I hear ya about that part if that's how you feel too. Some people are just so darn photogenic but that was not passed to me in any shape or form. I think you have so much to be proud of girl and I hope you do post progress pics sometime because you are such an inspiration to many I am very sure. Hope you are having a great weekend!!