Monday, August 4, 2008

Crazy weekend!

Hello Amigos,

I had a crazy busy weekend, but fun. I didn't do the best eating wise. I didn't completely tank either, but I'm going to have to rein it in before my weigh in. Hopefully I'll be able to do that, what with the state fair and all.

But the weekend, yeah, it was nuts. One of my roommates from college was in town with her family to go to the fair. I wasn't going to go initially (I had so much other stuff to do) but the weather was just too beautiful this weekend to say no. So I met them and had a blast. I haven't seen her in about 5 years. Her children (she has 3) are all different people now. 17, 15 and 13. That was a big reality check! We did a lot of reminiscing and laughing and generally had a fantastic time. I did eat a few things at the fair. First off I had a frozen banana. It was covered with chocolate, but not disgustingly so, it was just the freezy stuff like they have on dip cones. They asked if I wanted more chocolate or nuts or any of the other goodies on it. I actually didn't want anything else on it, I just wanted the frickin banana. It was great, and being a sunny warm day it was very refreshing. I also had a cream puff. That's right, you heard me. I had a cream puff. BUT...and this is almost always the case when I have a cream puff, I actually eat the pastry part and leave the majority of the cream. I love the cream, but there's just TOO MUCH of it. So I take the top off and dip it in the cream occasionally.

I also had a turkey burger that was only so-so. I'm not 100% sure it was completely cooked so I ended up throwing away about 1/2 of it. And that was all I ate at the fair! I got a lot of activity in. I walked and walked to get from my parking space to where my friends were. I did eat too much at other times though, just not fair food. I don't know, I was super duper hungry. But today I'm being very conservative and have already gone for a 20 minute walk and will be taking another soon. I really don't want a gain this week!!! So I'm going to try my darnedest not to.

It might not be easy. There's a birthday in the family coming up this week, plus I believe I'll be attending the fair a couple more times. I can honestly say that the fair isn't a huge deal for me, food-wise. There are many foods I love, but none that I get all busted up over if I don't have. I don't need funnel cakes or elephant ears or deep fried anything. I can easily pass on deep fried cheese, although I really do love it. Just don't feel compelled to eat it. So it's not so much the fair that worries me. It's just the fact that I will be weighed on Thursday and I need to straighten up and fly right until then.

I also attended a bachelorette party of sorts for a coworker who is getting married soon. We started out at a bar in a restaurant and I was pretty surly because having a large group at a bar is not conducive to conversation and since I was the last person there I was sort of the odd one out. Plus I thought we were having dinner but we weren't so I was hungry on top of it. As the day moved forward I became less and less surly. See, these are some incredibly sweet people and there's no way I could be surly toward them. I wasn't mad at them, just surly about the situation. So soon I was yucking it up with everyone else.

From the bar we went to a piano bar that was...it was fun because I was with my friends and they're all hilarious. But I would have never chosen to go to this place. It was crowded and smoky and loud and there was nowhere to sit. As the evening wore on it just got worse. And one person in our party just got drunker and drunker and he was SO obnoxious I thought we'd get kicked out. I ended up going home after that. They were all going someplace else, but I was all in.

The piano bar was pretty funny, lots of singing along, etc. But it was loaded with bachelorette parties and young women who all dressed and looked the same and I felt old and strange there. So I was happy to leave, but I would never say I didn't have fun, because I did. We started joking about requests we'd make (they have song request forms on the table, with spaces for song title, and the occasion you're celebrating). I think my suggestion took the cake. I suggested "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald." Can you imagine someone playing that in a piano bar?

So, here I am again, back at work after another too crazy weekend. I need a weekend from my weekend.

My gentleman caller and I seem to have sorted things out, and we'll be getting together tomorrow night, to do what I don't know, but I'm looking forward to it because I like him and I want to see him.

Alright amigos, (and it's true, I do have 'readers' as the comments to my previous posts can attest), I'm signing off.

Peace out!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Your ambition, willpower, sense of humor are the bestest!!;)You have been so level headed about your eating, way to go!! I know when I dieted I would have day's or occassions that I ate more than I should if I wanted to lose but I thing that's normal. I think everyone splurges once in a while esp. for certain occassions and trips. You did really well I tell ya!! I will say you were making me drool a bit over here about that cream puff, I DO have quite the sweet tooth. You sound like a fun gal to be with, wish you lived a bit closer! But in the meantime I can enjoy your blog.;) One more thing....I'm pretty sure you have more than 2 readers, just guessing though.;)