Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Note to Self

Always check the clock before deciding to go outside for a walk.

Let me back track for a bit. I'm trying very hard to earn activity points (AP in WW speak). I didn't plan on walking today because it's a bit too warm (close to 80) and I tend to get sweaty and flushed. But by around 11:30 I started getting antsy. Then about 15 minutes later I jumped up from my chair and went for a walk.

It's still sort of warm, but I didn't become too sweaty and gross, so that part is fine. But, I forgot to check the clock and I ventured outside and onto campus right smack dab in the middle of the change of classes.

You see, this is something that I, and probably 99.9% of the people who work here, try never to do. It's crowded and noisy, and depending on the time of year it can sort of be depressing (that is, remind you of how old you are). On top of that I was being lapped by everyone. Not that it's a huge deal for me, but I'm pretty sure they were getting annoyed with it. If I'd just checked the clock I would have waited 5 minutes and spared myself.

Or maybe not. Maybe I'd have put it off and not taken my walk at all. Maybe I'd have talked myself out of it. Maybe it wasn't such a mistake after all. I took a walk when my bod told me I needed to take a walk, and I got it done whether campus was crowded or not.

Makes you think. Well, maybe not you. But it makes ME think.

I may forgo my afternoon constitutional however. It's only going to get warmer, and I was planning on doing laundry tonight, which can be a real workout for me. I hate doing laundry and put it off and end up doing a ton at once. And WW includes laundry as an activity. I always clock less than I actually do, too, because I don't really work THAT hard at it. But I deserve those points anyway!

So, that's my activity for the day. I wonder how many points a person earns for wading through a sea of underclassmen?

No comments: