Friday, July 25, 2008

Down it is

Hola Amigos,

Got weighed in yesterday, and I'm down, which is great. I'm incredibly relieved. My week started out pretty rough so I was trying to make up for it but sometimes your bod doesn't appreciate being run through the ringer like that. But, it rewarded me handsomely.

I've been spending money I don't have on new clothes. Not a ton, of course, because I'll probably have to do this regularly now that I'm in the groove. But I found some really cute tops at Boston Store yesterday and bought them, all on sale and good bargains too. I'm about 2 sizes away from being out of plus sized clothes (approximately; as I'm sure you realize, sizes are not particularly consistent from store to store), which almost doesn't seem possible but it's true.

I've got an interesting weekend planned. Tonight I'm going to see The Police at the Amphitheatre. All I can say is they better raise the roof because the tickets that my friend purchased are $30 more than what we (me and my friends) thought they were going to be.

Tomorrow I have a haircut, and I'm very excited about that because my hair's been chapping my ass lately (figuratively speaking; I don't have a hairy ass).

Then Sunday I'm the lead for an adoption center event we're having. So I've got something going on each day this weekend.

How are things on the 'date' end you ask? Good, actually. I went out with him again last night and we had a blast, talking, laughing and singing. Yeah, singing. We'd start a song and see if the other knew it. 99.9% of the time we did, and then we'd sing it together while taking a stroll to downtown Wauwatosa.

I like walking amigos, I do. But this was a humid night, and I was wearing a pair of Doc Marten sandals, which while quite functional do not do the greatest on long walks. So by the time we were through I was a sweaty mess with blisters on the soles of each foot. The thing is, I didn't realize it would be a problem until we were pretty far gone. He likes walking, this one.

We went out for pizza and discovered that not only do we both like anchovies, we also both like green olives. So, you guessed it, we had an anchovy and green olive pizza. Don't knock it til you try it amigos, it was DELICIOUS. And the nice thing is, I didn't overeat, and even though it was a fattier meal, what with the cheese and all, I walked for about seven thousand hours after, so I figure it's all equal.

That's the most I'm going to tell you about him. It's way, way too early to start blogging about him. I can say this though, he cracks me up. I'm a cheap laugh, of course.

1 comment:

Mary said...

YOU crack me up, you are a great (and funny) writer! I also can't tell you how happy I am for you, in the losing weight dept. and the date.... oh I can't wait to hear more!!;) I know.... patience, it's just that it all sounds so exciting!! Congrats on the weight loss, you have so much to be proud of!!!!!!!