Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm nervous

That's right amigos, I'm nervous. Just a nervous Nellie. You wouldn't know by looking at me, I can keep quite a calm exterior. But inside I've got a conga line having the time of their lives.

First of all, I am weighing in today. I'm nervous about that for a few reasons. I had a weird week. An on program week, but a weird week. So I don't really know if I'll register a loss or not. If you asked me if I felt like I lost weight, well, yes, I assuredly do feel like I lost weight. But in the world of weight loss, that doesn't amount to a hill of beans, it's the scale that rules the roost. So until I step my size nines up there I won't be settled.

I did eat too much on the fourth, and I didn't make good choices over the weekend. On the plus side, I have been moving more and drinking all my water.

I'm worried about not losing because, once again I have a couple of milestones. I'm 2 lbs away from losing 50, which is a biggie. And I'm 1 pound away from another personal milestone. The last time I failed to meet my expectations I suffered a setback. It wasn't huge, and I got right back on the horse, but I don't want to go through that again. Luckily I'm in a better place mentally than I was then, so I don't think I'd take a nosedive if the scale doesn't show me what I want. But I would be disappointed. How I wish it was 5:30 already!!!

I've got another thing giving me the schpilkes in my genechtegezoid. I have date number 2 tonight. And when I say date number 2 I don't just mean my second date this week, I mean my second date with the same person. This is new territory for me. Maybe not new, just not travelled in a very long time. A very long time.

Sorry amigos, but I must keep the deets to myself. In time I'll fill you in, I just need to figure out where I'm going before I jump in with many details.

Tonight will be dinner, and I'm having a minor attack trying to figure out where to go. Not that it's up to me, but we're meeting more in my neck of the woods so it makes sense that I'd be more familiar with what's around. I have a couple of ideas, but nothing I'm 100% sold on.

Oh, and today they shampooed the carpet here. I've been inhaling sickeningly floral fumes all day and I think I might barf.

But on the plus side, if I barf my weigh in might be better.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Whatever you did you did good because even IF you didn't lose what you wanted to you don't give up on yourself. I think every weight loser has their moments and I think some are normal. Losing weight is a lot of work and determination to say the least. And you are killing me with this date thing.... oh the suspense! Just happy for ya though!;)