Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday, Monday...

Hello faithful reader. Here's an update for ya. As of my last weigh in on Thursday, I've lost 51 pounds. I got a new thingy for my keychain, a refrigerator magnet and a round of applause from my WW group. I will admit, it feels pretty dang good. My knees don't creak anymore, that's a biggie, I'm getting around easier, my clothes aren't too tight, I can actually fit in clothes that I never could before.

I'm quite pleased all around! I have decided from this point forward I will simply tell you if I've gained (God forbid), lost or stayed the same. I can't make this about numbers anymore, I'll get buried by them. No, this is going to be about progress. This is going to be about adopting a new lifestyle.

I had a pretty good weekend. The weather was gorgeous, couldn't have been nicer, with some late night/early morning thunderstorms thrown in the mix to make things interesting.

I'm still not going to commit anything to this blog about my date. Sorry amigos, but after the last time, when I essentially laid it all out there and then **poof** a month later he's gone, I just can't do that again. I'm a superstitious lass and I don't want to tempt fate. And I guess maybe I want to keep that to myself? To a certain extent. I mean, it's not like I haven't told anyone! Just don't want to put it here just yet.

This weekend I had a big NSV as my WW board calls it, NSV being non-scale victory. I went to Kohl's on Saturday and actually tried on clothes off the rack that weren't necessarily the largest size they had. THAT is a huge victory. I almost couldn't believe it was happening. I only ended up buying one thing, but the reason I didn't get anything else wasn't because it didn't fit, it just didn't look good.

That was a weird, wonderful feeling. I don't think I'd realized how much I depended on mail-order for my clothes. I wasn't buying things from omarthetentmaker.com or anything like that, I could shop normal venues like Eddie Bauer. But their stores don't stock a lot of the plus size merchandise so I had nowhere else to turn. But now, I don't have to worry about that, or so it would seem.

I guess that was about the biggest NSV I've had so far. I never knew how much that would mean to me. I felt normal.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Your blog just made my day... well evening but still YEAH, I'm sooooo soooooooooo happy for you!! You have achieved so much, you are darn right, those things you mentioned about your clothes not feeling tight, buying smaller clothes does make one feel good!! Hooray, hooray for you, did I say HOORAY!!! ;) And by the way, I do understand keeping the boyfriend thing to yourself but I have to say I'm just curious more so because I'm happy for you about that too and well.... one can't help but want to know you know...;) But hey, it's all good, I REALLY do understand you know.;) Wishing you the all the best in whatever lies ahead!!!!!!!