Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Belated Independence Day!

Hey Amigos,

Here's a little update for you. I've currently lost 48 pounds! I may tell you when I hit 50, and then I'm going to keep the numbers to myself. I'll just tell you if I'm up, down or stay the same. I just don't want to concentrate on numbers so much. And I'm very concerned that I'll obsess over how far I have to go, and the less I do that the better.

I was hoping to hit 50 this week. I don't know, though. I sort of went a bit haywire on July 4th. We were celebrating the 4th and my nephew's birthday because he's not going to be here for the actual day (which I believe is today!). So there was some cake to be had, and I thawed out a rhubarb pie I'd made a couple weeks ago, and I just had to have some of that. And we roasted a couple marshmallows, and my mom made a really good potato salad.

And I went to 2 baseball games, and had some in the shell peanuts. And some licorice.

So, yeah. If I lost this week, I don't deserve to!

However, I didn't use that as an excuse to blow the rest of the week. No sir. I'm a bit off schedule, I'll admit, but that's mostly because I haven't gone grocery shopping and am having to improvise. So I'm sort of culling these weird meals together.

I'm getting new glasses today. I'm sure that's not very thrilling to hear but I'm totally psyched about it because they're adorable.

OK, I just didn't want you to think I forgot about you, so there's a quick update.

One more thing, I did have a date last night. However, in an effort not to jinx it, I'm not going to talk about it. If something develops, maybe I'll fill you in. I'll just let you know that I had a very nice time.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Well Leslie, how great to hear from you!! As Claudia's I so look forward to your blog entries. They are soooo good and once again I'm so very happy for your loss. That didn't sound quite right but you know what I mean!!;) You got me so curious about this date now, you are leaving me hangin' here.... I shall be patient though dear.;) And one more thing, I agree about the numbers thing because I think it can be overwhelming sometimes. I think of what I need to lose and I think it's impossible because of the number but that's just because that's the way I look at it. Don't know if that made any sense! But so glad to hear you are doing so well!!;)