Thursday, March 13, 2008

What gives?

Are the blog gods telling me I shouldn't blog today? I keep trying but everything comes out like crap. I think maybe I'm trying too hard. So I'm just going to write a little about what I'm doing over the next few days.

Hey, it's always a thrill a minute with me.

So today I'm at work. Tonight is my weekly weight watchers meeting, and I get to weigh in. I had a couple rough days this week (that run in with the girl scout cookies was especially damning) but I've done well since then. I wouldn't be surprised if the scale didn't change much this week, what with my Door County indulgences. But I'm not discouraged, nor have I stopped my plan. I just had a couple bumps in the road is all.

I think the key has been planning. I essentially plan every meal and I don't stray from them. Much. That's when the weight watchers ice cream bars and treats come in very handy!

Let's see...tomorrow I am off in the afternoon for a therapy appointment, and my second follow up appointment with my devastatingly handsome doctor. I have fantasies about him.

"Oh, I'm sorry doctor, while I was waiting for you my shirt fell off."

This appointment will be bittersweet, because he probably won't need to see me after this. And it's not just because of him. I felt the same with my other orthopaedic doctor. You know, they're so good and kind and take such good care of you, and you'll never see them again. And that's actually what happened with my first orthopaedic doctor. He got cancer a few years later and died. He wasn't even 50.

Anyway, it is a bit sad, for me at least. But thankfully my healing process is coming along. It's taking a little longer than I anticipated, which is a bit discouraging, but I'll get there.

Saturday I have a haircut appointment, and not a minute too soon. My hair has been most uncooperative. It's gotten curlier as I've gotten older and sometimes it just takes over. A friend of mine once told me that there's a party on my head. Well, the party's gone on a bit long and everyone's had way too much to drink. It's time to call it a day!

Sunday I am having breakfast with my friend from New York. He comes to visit his parents a couple times a year and we have a tradition of breakfast at Beans and Barley and a trip to Sam's Club. He gets certain things there much, much cheaper than they can be gotten in NYC. I am really looking forward to that. He worked here years ago, and when he left we started emailing and never stopped. We email every day, even if it's just silly little things. He's one of my dearest friends.

So, that's what's going on with me. I know, a thrill a minute. But it's all I have to blog about right now, so it'll have to do. :)

No comments: