Monday, March 10, 2008

Road trippin'

I took a road trip up to Door County this weekend with the Green Acres girls, I call them. We're actually not girls, but it sounds cute to me. I had a wonderful time. The ride up was fun, the time there was fun, the ride down was fun. Just fun all around. I had a very nice room and a comfy bed, a good shower, great food (of which I contributed NOTHING...my planning skills for an overnight trip are sorely lacking), great conversation, lots of laughs. I'm so glad I went.

I understand my boxers were quite good while I was away. I'm thinking they did lots of this:

Hanging out on my bed is their favorite thing to do. It's irrelevant whether I'm in it or not, though I like to think they prefer it when I am there.

My friend Ursula introduced me to her neighbor's horses. That was so nice. I haven't gotten to spend time with a horse in a long time, and they were quite sweet. I love them so much. They were so big and beautiful, with their shaggy winter coats, and those great big beautiful eyes. I let one nibble on the sleeve of my jacket. He didn't damage it, but even if he did I wouldn't care because then I could tell people if they ask that a horse nibbled a hole in my coat. That would make me happy.

It was so quiet up there. I forget just how much white noise there is here. It doesn't bother me, it's just got an impact.

I believe I did as well as could be expected as far as eating goes. I indulged my sweet tooth a few times, and had a second helping of vegan lasagna, but I didn't pig out at any time, which is always my biggest problem. I feel like I had just enough.

All in all I had a great weekend.

No comments: