Monday, March 31, 2008

Ate too much...

Hey Amigos,

Well, I pretty much blew through this week's allotment of 35 extra points, all yesterday. I started out by meeting Therese at Heinemann's for coffee. By coffee I mean breakfast. I made good choices, but I also ate every bite and it was a pretty generous plate of stuff. So then I went home and chilled, and met some Green Acres girls at Habanero's. I actually was not too crazy about my choice of lunch. I had planned everything prior but it turns out that the dish I wanted is only a weekday thing, so they steered me in the direction of something else that was just...the individual flavors were good but the all over experience wasn't so hot. Part of the problem was that I was expecting strictly poblano peppers, but poblano was just the tip of the iceberg. And I can't handle bell peppers. No sir.

The guac was great, though. I could live off that stuff, if it was possible for one to actually live off it. And I kept my chip consumption to a minimum, which was no small task. What helped a lot was the company, who kept me occupied and laughing. I spent the rest of the afternoon volunteering, which was 4 hours straight of dealing with John Q. Public. NOT easy, amigos, not easy. And by the time I got home I was ravenous, and essentially vacuumed up an array of food. Nothing was bad, per se. I just ate too much of it. But I did calculate everything, honestly (I mean, who would I be kidding, anyway), and am willing to pay for my excess of yesterday.

The good thing is I don't feel discouraged. I just got up this morning and went about my normal business as I would any other day. See, my pattern oftentimes is if I have one bad day, I'll stretch it into two, or more...and then just throw in the towel eventually. But the fact that I know I'll be getting weighed on Thursday is incentive. The fact that I've had such success is incentive. The fact that not every day is going to be a day where I'm faced with heavy duty volunteering, plus 2 meals eaten out, is incentive to just keep moving.

So yeah, I'm not discouraged. Not one bit.

Let's see, what else is going on. I don't know...work is work. I'm at one of those stages where my students are out pacing me and I have to be on my toes every minute to make sure they have enough to do. Normally it's not an issue, but I happen to have all exceptionally good students this semester and boy do they keep me working.

My cold is hanging on but I've just about licked it. Why does the snot and cough part stick around so long? I actually feel fine, but you wouldn't know it if you saw me.

I decided against getting George Michael tickets. If you want presale tickets you have to join his fan club, which costs $40! My hairdresser and I were talking about splitting it, but I soon tossed that idea out. I mean, there's $20 for the lousy fan club that I'd only join to get the tickets, that themselves will probably cost at LEAST $90, then there's getting down to Chicago and I just decided that I don't need that hassle.

If I was meant to see George Michael, he'd be coming to Milwaukee. And who knows? Maybe he'll add a show. That's what happened with the Police reunion tour. I'd tossed around the idea of going to see them in Minneapolis or Chicago, but it was an incredible pain, no tickets together, cheapest seats were nosebleeds for $80 or something. Well, no matter because they're coming here in July, and I got tickets already through my friend's uncle who is an events coordinator for the venue. So, maybe I'll get to see old George yet. And if not, I'll live. I'm not a big fan of huge arena shows anyway. I like the intimate ones where you can see the bands you love up close and personal.

No comments: