Thursday, March 20, 2008

Progress

Well Amigos, I'm down another 2.2 pounds. And I weighed myself a day earlier than normal so I figure that's probably at least a pound off. :) Nah, just kidding. I'm quite glad. I thought it might be more because I'm feeling it more, but hey, I'm just glad I'm going in the right direction. It's not a race or anything, just something I need to do.

I went to see my therapist beforehand, and it was so invigorating. He's been my therapist for, oh, maybe 10 years, probably more, and discussing my weight is a regular topic. So he was especially pleased to see I'd made progress, and I was especially pleased to tell him all about it.

I'd never say this was the easiest thing. The easiest thing is to buy and eat pre-made, packaged food, or drive-thru or frozen pizzas, and we know I can't do that. But I've been on the program 3 weeks and haven't really had a slip up except for the girl scout debacle. There's just something about this program that is working.

I returned a Christmas gift at Boston Store yesterday, and with the credit I bought myself 2 pair of earrings. They had a great selection of nickel free jewelry, because nickel drives me batty. That was pretty sweet! So I sort of rewarded myself yesterday.

I also went to Walgreens and bought a bunch of stickers. I love stickers. I intend on putting them on calendars to mark days when I've followed the program and successfully used and not abused my points. I won't say not go over because you sort of can do that with the extra 35 they give you for the week.

The good thing is, I know what constitutes a good day. I see lots of stickers in my future.

1 comment:

Sassy Sadie's Mom said...

YEAY! I am very proud of you Leslie, keep up the good work!