Friday, March 14, 2008

I take it back!

So remember how I was complaining that I didn't want to go out and celebrate my friends' engagement? I take it all back, every word. I went, and I had a wonderful time. I'm so very happy for both of them, and they're obviously over the moon. And I made very wise eating decisions, though frankly it wasn't too different from what I usually eat when I go there. My indulgence was a cappuccino, but when I go out to eat I just love to have some coffee and I wasn't in the mood for regular coffee, or espresso. I have to say it was delicious.

And the time out with my friends, well, it was fantastic!

Last weekend on the way home from DC I said to the Green Acres girls who were with me that I have been absolutely blessed with the best friends a person could ask for. When I say I love these people I'm not being in the least insincere or cloying. I really do love them. My friends from Green Acres, my friends from work, my friends from the adoption center, from wherever, are the nicest, kindest, friendliest people a person could ever hope to know and I am so, so lucky to have them.

I'm sorry if I'm getting schmaltzy here, but honestly, the best cure for a bad mood is my friends. They can always make me feel secure and valued.

So, it was a great time. Honestly, these last 2 weekends have been a blast (and this one is just getting started!). Tomorrow I get to see my hairdresser (another dear friend, I've been going to him for over 20 years), then Sunday I get to have brunch with my friend from New York. Then Monday I'm going to see Pink Martini at the Pabst with my mom and sister. They're more the fans than I am, but we wanted to make a girl's night of it, and my mother is just so excited about it. She's 76 but still gets a mighty kick out of her live shows. You should have seen her at Harry Connick Jr.!

Anyway, I just had to come in and write something a little more upbeat than where I left off. And to just say that I'm so thankful, every day, for the lovely people I count as my friends (and if you're reading this, you're one of them).

1 comment:

Mary said...

You make me smile..... you are such a sweetheart of a person. Wish you lived closer, that would be fun!!;) From as much as I know you I count you a dear friend. I know a wonderful person when I meet one.;)